need a large helmet to fit properly

hey everyone.

over a year ago i ordered a cucblack helmet and im still waiting. im part of the long long list of people that are waiting on stuff from him.

i cannot wear the SC helmet, it simply does not fit.

Ive read the topics, ive done my due diligent research, and this is what im understanding:

CB is the largest (1 year plus and waiting)

KS is larger than SC but according to some members here there are quality issues and should be avoided.

SC is commonly used by many members here (but does not fit me ive tried a few on)

Rubies is far too small ( I am modding one now for another member).

i dont care about weight, etc, thats never been a factor for me. Army steel pots left me with strong neck muscles.

Im open to other options. I figure my money is lost for the CB since hes no longer answering his complaint topic.

Hi David. I have big round head and my ks helmet fits fine. I dont think i could fit fans in there though... no need really. My helmet was se cond hand. Hope that helps. SC helmets were quite snug for me.

all the best

I just ordered an Altmann. They're supposed to one of the larger helmets. PM Spike for details if you're interested.

Now, I don't quite get this...

The Altmann is supposed to have 'some' screen lineage, as does the Don Post, and sort of by proxy the Rubies.

And having some some scale comparisons from known sizes of found parts on the screen lid, this would certainly be the case. With a few exceptions such as the low dome.

And with that in mind, they're all going to be the same size (practically).

There is a comparison thread in the helmet section.

Just want to be clear... I don't have any personal experience with the relative sizes of helmets from any of the manufacturers. I am simply stating what I learned from months of reading every thread I could find on the subject. My research seemed to show the helmets that best suited large-sized heads were, and in no particular order... Altmann, CB, and LW. The CB and LW are currently hard to find: that's why I went with the Altmann. On the other end of the spectrum, SC was unamiously considered the smallest in all the postings that I saw. Individual opinions may vary... I suppose!

The CB is much larger than any of the others,

Without having seen an Altmann's I can't put it in the list.

I would say from the measurements and comparisons, largest to smallest is...

CB

LoneWolf

Chef

DP/Rubies

KropSerkel

MLC

Studio Creations

There isn't much in it from the LW down to be honest.

Please check here for comparisons (that's what it's for!).

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=10737&st=0

Ive re-read the comparison topic and recorded the measurements from the topic. It seems i can squeeze my head in sideways but my chin will drop out the bottom. The KS ranks lower on the list for size but is the tallest, other than the all but unobtainable CB and LW.

Isaac seems to have had success with the Altmanns, i just dont cherish more international shipping on top of an already pricey helmet. Does typical shipping on the altmans typically take weeks, or months?

Less than a week ago Spike quoted me 4 to 5 weeks. Not sure if that includes shipping time: I'm adding an extra week for shipping to my anticipated delivery date.The shipping to USA was included as part of the purchase. I think his pricing is more than fair and reasonable.

Eric before you got to the house I tried Toms KS helmet and my lower jaw hung out of it, so the KS is a no go for me, its just too short. I spoke with Spike and , since I have yet to receive a message back from CB on any of the forms of communication I have tried with him, I may need to go that direction.

• Like 1

David,

I tried Tom's on too. It fit the same way: okay front to back but felt like my chin was a little exposed. Hopefully, from all I've read on BSN, the Altmann should have a better vertical fit. We shall see shortly....

• 2 weeks later...

My Altmann helmet shipped quickly but sat in Los Angeles customs for about two weeks before arriving here in Arizona.

I switch out the Altmann and the CB helmet depending on my mood and they both cover my chin.

I think you'll be happy with the Altmann Dewka.

I'll happily post pics of me wearing the CB and Altmanns so you can see a real-world example of the size on a real person.

• Like 1

I too am a VERY happy Altmann helmet guy. I've had KS, SC, and MLC. The Altmann is the only lid that fits my dome (beside Chef's helmet). Great work and service from Spike, too. A++

• Like 1