Camo effect - Approval?

scouts are not camo'd. kasshyk trooper perhaps?

however, once approved as boring white, you can do whatever you want to the armour and troop it on non official troops. paint it pink. or red. or shiny silver. just can't wear it for lfl or disney or any events where canon characters are wanted.

have fun :-)

the closest thing you can do to that is make the armor green for a swamp trooper which I believe is an approvable costume

Are there any actual swamp troopers in the 501st? I notice that the picture in the costume refs looks like the regular scout photoshopped into a different colour. I hate to say it but I do think the bright green scheme is somewhat silly.

Guest Forrest Patrol

The Kasshyk troopers already have a green camo-ish colour scheme. Weathered Bikers have a bit of green on 'em. Like Bugdozer said it could be Photoshopped or maybe its a weathered Biker in dappled light?

I'm just not a fan of the colour schemes for troopers (Mandolorian armour can be any colour now). Its like what toy companies did with the Batman Animated figures, just repaint him, maybe give him new weapons and call him Freeze Attack Batman or whatever. Something like that was actually used in Batman & Robin (!). An episode of Brave and the Bold made fun of the ridiculous level it can get to, like 'Street Luge Batman'. Some Stormtroopers can look OK with colour stripes, but for me, Bikers should be white or weathered. But if its approved then go for it! :)

Are there any actual swamp troopers in the 501st? I notice that the picture in the costume refs looks like the regular scout photoshopped into a different colour. I hate to say it but I do think the bright green scheme is somewhat silly.

Yup, there's two or three...

I've made a helmet for one of them.

It's from the Star Wars Galaxies game, and it is indeed bright green.

The costume itself is held over on the Spec Ops forum, where all (well nearly all) the other Scout variants are covered.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the only approved Swampy in the Legion. It was developed by Craig Budge (RIP sir) and worn by his wife Mel. There are 2 versions - animated and realistic. This is the "animated" version.

SwampTrooper1_zpsf64c2d3b.jpg

SwampTrooper3_zpsf2fd8077.jpg

Didn't DartofTruth have one? I know he's on reserve now.

Shame Mel put her knees on the wrong way up for those pictures.

He had one, but is no longer valid (plus he's reserve). :(

There are 6 Scout variants in total at the moment, with 4 of those currently on the 'official' 501st rosters.

They're mostly dealt with over on the Spec Ops forum, apart from the Snow Scout which is now residing with Blizzard, and the regular one which is here obviously.

I've got 3 cleared at the moment, and am aiming to have all 6.

• Like 2

So.. that's regular scout, Kashyyyk scout (camo), Kashyyyk scout (white), Swamp scout, Snow scout and Shadow scout as the officially allowed ones, which is 6 in total. The Aquatic scout must be number 7. Any others?

Nope... I don't count the Kashyyks, as they are Clone Troopers and a different armour set to the Scout.

There's

Biker Scout

Storm Commando

Snow Scout

Swamp Trooper

Sea Trooper

Forest Trooper

The last two need to be officially 'cleared', but we're working on it.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...