Shadow Scout Build

Hello Everyone, I recently started a shadow scout build and will keep regular updates and photos to keep my build to the great standard i see everyone else has and hopefully gain clearance once its complete.

So far i Have made pepakura pieces and then made plaster molds of those parts to use fiberglass for a stronger armor. I hope to have most of the hard elements complete in a few weeks and then can start looking at the soft bits.

Thanks for looking and any advise or critisisum is more than welcome

post-80274-0-15020000-1438191147_thumb.jpg

post-80274-0-83196200-1438191151_thumb.jpg

post-80274-0-66169600-1438191161_thumb.jpg

post-80274-0-02016600-1438191174_thumb.jpg

Nice! Yea, true, the Shadow and Swamp scouts are technically spec-ops since the prefix is TX, we do the white and Camo here. Wish they could give us all the Scouts...

In any case, nice to see a trooper making their own armor like this!

• Like 2

Yeah, that's honestly pretty cool! Even if you end up jumping ships to the Spec Op forums, please keep this updated with W.I.P :) Would love to observe new ways of making armor.

UPDATE

decided to make more because they are so much lighter than the original card ones covered in body filler, also a lot stronger. Once these are rubbed down with wet and dry they should look ok. Cant really tell from the picture but there are many imperfections.

post-80274-0-32230100-1438267478_thumb.jpg

Hey Tim,

Which pep files did you use for these??

I think the name was warlock? some of the parts are only the basic shape and took lots filler. Even now they still want work doing, nothing is straight and the helmet is a mile out. Think i will glue that together and fix it, then re mold it again. Ive still the files if you need them. Got lots of starwars pdo and 3D models i work on.

Nah, that's cool... I don't need them.

I would love to see some of your progress pictures to date though.

It's always nice seeing peoples builds from pep to finished articles.

• Like 1

I will if i can find some off pepakura library im a member of, Had these on a shelf in the workshop for ages along with loads of unfinished stuff. I am a sculptor so do not get much time for personal projects. most of my pep is star wars because i love the films and now with programs like blender etc is easy to hold of 3d meshes. Ive just done the episode 7 stormtrooper helmet and am currently working on the armor files, and a phase 1 animated clone for a friend. I know at some point i will need the T bit and other smaller detail pieces, wont be able to fold those from card and dont fancy sculting something that small lol.

• 2 months later...

I'd widen the "thong" portion, it looks a little skinny, reminds me of the first one I had. And it looks like the pouches are attached to the bund? That looks nice! Hopefully it won't droop :( that's the biggest problem most of us have when its attached to the bund