KS Lens issues

Hi all! My KS helmet kit came with my lens as a uncut block. I couldn't find anyone else on here talking about how to cut/shape it. What tool should I use on this? I'm fairly certain I won't have whatever it is....I'm really hoping I don't have to buy a new, precut, lens. Thanks :)

f3467c6acf1097740120cbe05636ca37.jpg3921a3e8f2258390f5f66815698221c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used an x-acto knife, coping saw, and sanding paper to make the hole in my faceplate for my lens... don't know if that would also apply for cutting the lens? If it's too hard to do it looks like SC offers the lens pre-cut for $20, but not sure how that would fit into a KS bucket... if you're creative enough with glue you could make that happen? :lol:

That looks kinda thick. I would try a coping saw as suggested above. Looks too thick for an xacto. Coping saws are $8 at Lowes and would allow you to make smooth cuts. As far as bending it , I heated my SC on up with a hair dryer and squeezed it gently passed the shape I wanted it to to be and let it spring back , did it again and again until it held that shape

I do have a heat gun for bending it, I was just so surprised that it didn't come precut! I'll look into a coping saw, maybe some one I know will have one. I'm very scared of cracking the lens while sawing it 😳

Yeah, I wish I had better advice :( mine came pre-cut and thin from SC so it was just a matter of making the cut in the faceplate to fit the lens

How hard is the material? May be able to use some strong scissors. If is really hard you could drill holes all around the shape ( on the outside of the line ) and then cut/break pieces off and then sand/dremel the edges

I'd use something like this (below).

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B003N2J0JY

Once you get it cut out, you'll need to use a heat gun (very carefully) to get the bend in the lens.

KS Video showing bend:

• Like 1

i cut mine with the cutting wheel on my dremel tool. i cut it a little bigger then is marked and then used the sanding drum attachment to smooth it out and shape it down to the markings. then i just used heatgun to bend it. Personally although these are more work than a regular welders shield, i feel,they are more crystal clear to see through and dont scratch anywhere near as easily. Its worth the extra work to me!

• Like 1

Thanks! I have a dremel, so I'll try the cutting tool. It's too thick me to cut with scissors and the top line is too close to the edge for the drill and snap method. Hopefully I'll have some success with the dremel this weekend!

Thanks! I have a dremel, so I'll try the cutting tool. It's too thick me to cut with scissors and the top line is too close to the edge for the drill and snap method. Hopefully I'll have some success with the dremel this weekend! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, the scissors I listed can cut a coin (quarters, nickels, dimes, pennies). It works great on the lens material.

41offnity7L._SY355_.jpg

Oh, I know they are strong scissors, I don't think my weak little hands can cut through it haha

I'm currently using guaranteed 'forever sharp' fiskers on my armour.

• Like 1