Holding the bund up

01Hawk

Mine sags over time. I bought suspenders and they work but if for some reason I don't have my vest on ( like it is 95 degrees) they show. I don't know that Velcro would provide the best support - has anyone used snaps either to the vest or flightsuit? Does it put too much pressure in each individual snap location?

The cummerbund I made my wife had enough extra that the top where I could add snaps. We actually snap it directly to the chest. We also snap the pouches to the chest as well. It seems to be working just fine.

the snaps are pretty cool :) I just use the suspenders but mine are made out of webbing so they dont stretch out over time and still allow sagging. They seem to stay put from what i can tell in pics lol. I have thought about adding a small "beltloop" on the vest, (and jumpsuit for non vest wearing super hot troops) on the shoulder area directly under the armor to run the cummerbund suspender through to hold it in place, and unseen so that may be an option also.

Thank you for the pictures! I am going to try the snaps first .. I want to wear it this weekend to MonsterMania in NJ and based on last time in my Resident Evil costume I don't think I will wear the vest. I have tons of snaps left so it can't hurt. Snapping them to the armor is even better than the suit/vest. Did you just use E6000 to glue snap plates ?

A strap type system also sounds effective too. If I could just add a strap to close the vest on my own I would be set!

In the earlier versions of my Scout the Bund sagged a lot too :( what seemed to do the trick was attaching the pouches to the chest plate. I considered suspenders as well, but in all honesty if your Bund is a good height and your pouches aren't dragging it, you should be alright without one. Sewing or attaching it to the Flak Vest seems like a good idea as well, more support.

• Like 1

Right now I have my pouches Velcrod to my chest plate and that seems to hold well. I need to find stronger Velcro for my belt or I may try and hide snaps in there as well as that started to work its way down after walking for 5 hours. I find myself always checking to make sure stuff is positioned correct so I don't look sloppy and want to try and make as much stuff as tight/stable as I can.

Yeah, I haven't put the brackets on my TD yet so I always find myself checking to make sure it didn't bump off. The nice advantage of a scout is you can comfortable walk and sit etc etc... but you also have some loose parts that you gotta check to make sure they aren't falling off :(

my pouches are also velcroed to the chest plate.

About the TD.. i glued a piece of plastic in the center, top to bottom to make it like a belt loop so to speak so i thread the belt through it. It also has velcro on the outside to stick it to my bund to keep it centered. So no matter how much it gets knocked around, im not losing it. You cant see it, and the accurate clips are just for show on mine.

• Like 1

It's interesting see just how many different ideas we all use to solve common problems, yet keep the outward appearance of our costumes identical! I'm lucky that my bund doesn't seem to sag, so I have no method of holding it up - but then again, I haven't done a long troop yet, I'm still a newbie. Maybe I'll be unpleasantly surprised in future...

• Like 1

I eat alot and put on weight so it doesn't slip. But my weight goes back and forth so there are troops I'm tugging on it like a tube top. Loving the ideas because I have had the same issue alot!!!

My small beer gut comes and goes ( it is back now from being away in training for work and being a slug for 2 weeks) buy it kinda stays up but sometimes pulls out from under the armor and then I have to pull it up like a dress. I am gonna put snaps in it tomorrow if my daughter stays home long enough to help me lol

I eat alot and put on weight so it doesn't slip. But my weight goes back and forth so there are troops I'm tugging on it like a tube top. Loving the ideas because I have had the same issue alot!!!

Best method yet :D

• Like 1

In my first scout, I used suspenders but they did not work very well and the straps can peak out. Today, I use Velcro on the vest that corresponds with Velcro on the bund. That prevents the dreaded "slippage".

In my first scout, I used suspenders but they did not work very well and the straps can peak out. Today, I use Velcro on the vest that corresponds with Velcro on the bund. That prevents the dreaded "slippage".

Dito!

Skickat från min LG-D802 via Tapatalk

I added 2 quick snaps to my bund and the flightsuit ( for today since it was 90)... They worked great !! I was worried that it would tear the suit without being reinforced. However even tho I had positioned the crotch correctly it still rode up. I was going to put these small fabric Velcro things on the pouches/bund to hold them but couldn't find them so the pouches had to be crooked. AAB626C8-E268-4023-8898-4DAF54498C9D.jpg