Maker preferences

Guest Darth Mortis

Guest Darth Mortis

Hi all, I'm new to the group and I've been hearing people naming a particular maker as their favorite when it comes to kits and all that good stuff. A friend messaged me saying that SC is the favorite and I checked out their website. I like the fact that the armor kit comes pretrimmed and processes and ships out in 7-10 days and the prices is pretty reasonable to. Would everyone else tend to agree that SC is to go to group?

• Like 1

Guest Darth Mortis

Roger that. Would that apply towards their helmet kit as well? I've been reading that when it comes to the helmet some say Rubies, others say someone else. I don't mind going through multiple vendors for multiple parts. I just want to make sure my armor is spot on to get accepted by the 501st.

A lot of it depends on your build, budget and time frame.

There is no real 'go to' place as people will want different things from their costume and this will ultimately dictate which one they choose.

Jeff is a stand up guy that's for sure and his armour good and serviceable.

• Like 2

Guest Darth Mortis

Copy that. Jeff is of SC? I just want my armor to be able to pass muster with the 501st and the Semper Fi Fund is kicking some funds my way to help pay. It pays to be a disabled Marine Corpsman from time to time. I do plan on upgrading it later on to get the higher statuses. Thank you for the advice everyone as I am definitely taking it to heart.

Mine aren't WampaWear but I've seen plenty of them in person and they look great! Also being readily available helps a lot too ;) I had to hunt down a guy, so yeah, I'd say go with the wampa dudes

Aside from rounding some edges/corners ( all done with sandpaper by hand ) my SC armor is nice. I followed Pandas build and did have to curve some corners with lexan scissors. The helmet needed the eye area drilled/cut out but it can be done with a drill/dremel/file/sandpaper. Overall had a good time building it.

Guest Forrest Patrol

Wampa Wear is currently the only choice for accurate scout gloves. ;)

What happened to SA gloves and were/are they just as good?