Biker scout pepakura helmet build

I have already built one scout helmet from pepakura with a ton of mods and am making another and documenting it this time as I will make bucks from this one for casting.

I am not going to be getting into great about pepping the original pep file itself this more about modding the file so it is accurate to a certain degree, as I have seen a few different ones and they are all off and don't have the correct look to them.

If anyone needs the file I am working off just PM me with your email address and I will send the file. Please note that this file has had modifications made to a degree and is already scaled against a SC bucket

This will be a pic heavy thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have already made the faceplate and visor, the helmet really needs to be made in three separate sections, This will be my 4th biker scout helmet build of which two failed.

I have modded the pep file quite a lot in pepakura designer and also made extra parts that were excluded from the original file.

I have scanned my templates as you will see in the images above. if printed print off as A4 as that is the size i scanned them.

You can also see my third attempt in a few of the images i spent about 6 months building it, the visor is the only part that is ABS the faceplate and main dome are all pepakura, the reason I am doing another build is,

One: to document the whole process from start to finish.

Two: so I can create bucks to make casts from.

This will be quite a lengthy process but not half as long as it took for the first 3 as i have ironed out most of the bugs and know what parts nee major modifications, this time i will make the visor from scratch which needs to be resized already. if you need the file i used shoot me a message and i will email it to you.

Thanks for looking.

Troop on! :D:bikerscout:

Keep in mind, if you upload images to the site - you need to grant permissions to your library/gallery. If you do not, only yourself and the staff will see them. It is a far better option to upload on PhotoBucket (or some other hosting site) and then link them here. IMHO...

the ear pieces/visor connectors may look a little big at the moment but these will get smaller once they are fibre glassed and sanding commences, its always better to be a little bigger. ;):P

I have doubled up on these images as it also shows the changes made to the forehead prior to further modifications, I have cut extra lines so i can angle the forehead slope to approx 30 degrees

IMG_6936_zpsylwqbvwq.jpgIMG_6937_zpsslhjll1s.jpgIMG_6949_zpsfdldm1dl.jpg