E-11s Sniper model for 3D printing

Hello all!

I decided to jump off the deep end and start modeling an E-11s Sniper Rifle for 3D printing. I haven't printed anything this large before, so I am sure to make a few mistakes along the way.

For reference, I am using the Sideshow Collectible Deluxe Sixth-Scale Figure E-11s as reference.

dULrtbH.jpg

I quickly roughed out the profile and then started working on the basic shapes.

slCeafR.jpg

0EOysXV.jpg

Once I get all the rough shapes done, I will start to figure out how I am going to slice it up for printing and easy assembly. Once that is done I will move on to the detail work.

• Like 5

A little more form now. I'm thinking I might need to need to make room in the model to have a small pipe in the middle to help support the weight.

NBWTTpU.jpg

• Like 2

going to follow this build because I love this variation of the rifle and want to see how you come out with it in a 3D print. I was considering doing this form cratch at the tech shop with their wood layth but this might be better off

If the finished file is available, my work might get a printer next month that can print the blaster in its entirety in PLA type material. Would love to see how it turns out :P

• Like 2

Nope...

That one was a bit of 'fan art'.

A nice bit of fan art, granted... but nothing like the DC-15x used in the game (or on any of the LFL source material).

They've basically elongated an E-11 and added on a customised stock. But they failed to realise that on the E-11, the stock is a folding one. They've put it on... It's just about 2 feet long!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The stock looks like something off a Biathalon or a competition .22 rifle. I would agree with Chef though and drop the original E11 stock piece at the front of the barrel. The FISD board has an excellent E11 reference guide for those who are interested and it's worth a look see.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The blaster builders club isn't very active anymore, but the E11 templates they have are great. Still have a few small pieces to work on, but I am quite happy with the build I did starting with 1.5in pvc pipe and real Sterling stock, plus these template pieces cut from styrene.

http://negativeeleven.com/501/e-11-ANH.zip

I agree, this model should be called DC15X, as I don't think there was ever a canon E11 sniper.

• 3 months later...

Did anyone notice the new rifles in the Rogue One footage last weekend? There was a DLT with a scope and a modded E11 with two barrels and a stock that looks like it came from an AR15.

Nope...

That one was a bit of 'fan art'.

A nice bit of fan art, granted... but nothing like the DC-15x used in the game (or on any of the LFL source material).

They've basically elongated an E-11 and added on a customised stock. But they failed to realise that on the E-11, the stock is a folding one. They've put it on... It's just about 2 feet long!

Chef, is there a solid picture of the E-11 sniper rifle you could post? There's a lot of bad info and images that pull up when you google e-11 sniper rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the concensus is that there is no canon e11 sniper. The old Battlefront games had a sniper rifle later named the DC-15x. There's sniper versions of the DLT-19 in expanded universe materials and apparently in Rogue One. It looks like there's going to be a bunch of scouts in Rebels Season 3, so maybe we'll finally have a canon source for scouts with sniper rifles to get it added to the CRL.

• Like 1