voice changer

BikerScoutDawn

I just used mine for the first time tonight at the Children's Hospital Visit. I got a head worn mic and mini amp/speaker from Radio Shack for $28 out the door. It doesn't change your voice per sé, but the light distortion that occurrs naturally sounds just about right.

A lot of troops use Aker brand, similar setup. I've been told the RS one I got can have feedback issues, but I didn't have a problem today. Popped it in my pouch and it worked great.

I'm going to try the mp3 player with radio chatter one of these days. For the "psshht" - walkie talkie type noise, I just say "psshht" ;)

A lot of use the ROM/FX system, quite expensive but very good and made by a legion member.

Remember John it was the TK'S that had the past nouse after talking. Bikers didn't have it

I've heard good things about the romfx, but I have an ICOMM and aker set up with a throat mike. Love it. You wouldn't need the ICOMM for a scout, but the aker and the headset Mike that comes with it would work great. The folks in my garrison mostly use the aker setup, not sure about radio shack type gear. I do know that the Panasonic wireless isn't useful if just one other person nearby has one...total cross feedback. Found that out the hard way, so I got the throat mike.

• Like 1

I do use an Aker 10W amp and ICOMM device for my TK/TX & TI troopers. Just not the scouts. :)

The ICOMM has various static burst effects (5) that can be tweaked to used right out of the box. Jim Sauter TK-6294 offers a really great combo deal.

I've heard good things about the romfx, but I have an ICOMM and aker set up with a throat mike. Love it. You wouldn't need the ICOMM for a scout, but the aker and the headset Mike that comes with it would work great. The folks in my garrison mostly use the aker setup, not sure about radio shack type gear. I do know that the Panasonic wireless isn't useful if just one other person nearby has one...total cross feedback. Found that out the hard way, so I got the throat mike.

Can you provide info on your throat mic please? I researched throat mics I read some would work and others wouldn't with the icomm/aker setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, just saw your question.

I used the one talked about in this thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28793-my-experience-using-a-throat-mic-and-source-for-a-mic-only-version/

I use the Aker setup for my TK, and for my wookiee, I connect a push to growl setup into my Aker. I will be using my Aker for my Tb as well, minus the static bursts from the ICOMM.

TK6294, aka Jim, sells the whole setup. The 10 Watt version is enough power for any costume and small enough to not be a bother below chest armor or wookiee fur. :)

http://www.whitearmo...n-system-icomm/

Link to order speaker and mic:

http://store.voicebooster.com/voicebooster-mr1506-aker-10watt-voice-amplifier/

One of the things I plan on doing next month is getting a mic setup, mainly because I am tired of hearing "WHAAAT?" when trying to talk to others :P