Kinda annoyed actually...

matt8199

I'm glad someone from your garrison was able to help you out.

...As Chex mentioned, this is the absolute best place to go for a lot of in-depth information but a lot of that relies on yourself researching and checking the boards for the right information since most questions asked have been answered before. If that's not the sorta thing you're looking for, maybe seeking a fellow Garrison Scout to mentor and take you through the steps might be easier / more convenient.

• Like 1

Guest Forrest Patrol

My cousin had the same view while he helped me add things like the red line and square,

'' All that money and we're having to do these bits!?!''

KS was the only place I found that made most of suit. Does totally suck having bought something that is supposedly finished and ready to wear and then it still isn't finished after 4 years because l got fed up of this isn't right, add this, move those in a bit, you need this piece that I've never noticed after 20 years of watching ROTJ!!!!!! AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting something together is fun, when you have all the pieces and instructions. Having to add only one or two pieces is okay, but it just seems like an endless list of new expensive parts/pieces or adjustments. Then there's the one time use only tools to buy like a rivet gun. I've never been to an armour party but I think the people who are cleared should help newbies not just with info but the practical side as well, so that, like Hello Greedo said, you don't look like a bag of *ss standing next to someone who got the right stuff.

• Like 1

My cousin had the same view while he helped me add things like the red line and square, '' All that money and we're having to do these bits!?!'' KS was the only place I found that made most of suit. Does totally suck having bought something that is supposedly finished and ready to wear and then it still isn't finished after 4 years because l got fed up of this isn't right, add this, move those in a bit, you need this piece that I've never noticed after 20 years of watching ROTJ!!!!!! AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Putting something together is fun, when you have all the pieces and instructions. Having to add only one or two pieces is okay, but it just seems like an endless list of new expensive parts/pieces or adjustments. Then there's the one time use only tools to buy like a rivet gun. I've never been to an armour party but I think the people who are cleared should help newbies not just with info but the practical side as well, so that, like Hello Greedo said, you don't look like a bag of *ss standing next to someone who got the right stuff.

The costuming world is not for everyone. Some folks become very involved, learn a ton, and actually become "costumers". Others want to simply buy and wear the costume, and not really work on researching it, building it, and making it look accurate. If that's your preference, cool. There is totally nothing wrong with purchasing a costume and wearing it around. Most people call it "Halloween". I've seen them come and go...

But, if you want to join an elite costuming group that loves Star Wars, believes in helping local communities/charities, and giving back to others, while striving towards an accurate standard of costuming -- then the 501st is for you trooper! :bikerscout:

Not all BSN members become 501st members, and that's totally okay. :duim:

Since this thread has been answered and is really not helping anyone, I'm closing it down. We'd love to have you both as part of the community. But, as mentioned, this site and world may not be for you.

• Like 6