Mon Cal wait time

I think they don t. I have paid on march and I m waiting for information about my status in queue.

You're probably still far back in the queue if you only ordered in March... Considering it hasn't been the minimum amount of weeks they give in their time estimates...

Even with what i said, i agree with Chef as well. Which is why i said they should really adjust their time frames.

I myself usually take full payment upfront for things, mostly because i use some of that cash to help buy supplies. I also am ususally on or within a few weeks of my delivery times. I am also a way smaller show. In their case though, im pretty sure they have the costs covered with the amount of orders they get, so a deposit, or at least the option to pay it off when complete, is a good idea for them. But im not here to tell them how to run the show lol.

I heard back today and found out I was #10 in the queue. Meaning they've only progressed 4 orders in 10 weeks. at that rate, it would still be 25 weeks before I saw my armor (an 80 week overall wait time).

I've requested a refund. That's just ridiculous.

Thats not necessarily true netslave. My garrison mate was #25 on his list for his snowie, (im assuming they have a different number list for every costume they make) and got it within 3 weeks of that e-mail. At this point if you ordered from someone else youd be waiting about the same amount of time, or longer for the kit, i would have just held out the little bit longer , since you were already in it for the long haul, to get the more accurate kit, but of course, its your decision.

EDIT..i missed a page of posts and see you are getting your stuff so nevermind, but i'll leve this here just for information sake lol

Just keep in mind these guys get ALOT of orders for multiple costumes. I never have an issue waiting, even it is a year wait, BUT id like to be told that it will be that long so i can decide for myself if i want to do that. For a first costume i may skip it, but as a second or third..i can wait..its just playing plastic spaceman .That said, im coming from the Fett community and its very common to wait a long time for certain parts. I had an issue with a particular Fett vendor that i did eventually ask for a refund though...i was quoted 3 months... and was very patient and understanding about delays and real life and everything...but 3YEARS later i had enough and asked for a refund and he got snippy with me, like as if i had no right to be annoyed! ...he did send the refund, but im pretty sure purposely AFTER C7 because i said i could use it for that...and i got it right after i got back. So be glad you are not desling with THIS kind of behavior! With MC you may wait, but you WILL get your stuff. They just need to give more accurate turn around times.

*Being in the command staff, i just want to point out that these are my personal opinions and i am NOT speaking on behalf of detachment command, but of my own personal experience.

I've received the same mail as Netslave today for my scout armor. "I've been told that my order is just waiting on some screws to be delivered. Once they are, it'll be boxed, and shipped."

I'm glad to have received some news.

Even if I've been waiting for 64 weeks (and haven't been delivered yet) I'll be happy to get my stuff.

Darth Voorhees, the fact is I don't know "these guys" myself so it's not easy to trust someone you don't know when it's a long time you gave him your money without receiving anything.

I mean, 'these guys' could be thiefs and keep money from people...

I'm now sure it's not what is going to happen.

I just look forward to receive my stuff.. I will then manage to tell exactly how much time it took to order an armor from Mon Cal in 2014-2015.

(sorry for my approximative english)

• Like 1

Darth Voorhees, the fact is I don't know "these guys" myself so it's not easy to trust someone you don't know when it's a long time you gave him your money without receiving anything.

I mean, 'these guys' could be thiefs and keep money from people...

I'm now sure it's not what is going to happen.

I just look forward to receive my stuff.. I will then manage to tell exactly how much time it took to order an armor from Mon Cal in 2014-2015.

(sorry for my approximative english)

[disclaimer]

I will speak up as a member of their garrison. I am not on command staff, here, there, or anywhere. I'm just a trooper who has been trooping since 2002 with the RL and since 2005 with the 501st. I have had a MC TS, a MC Imperial Navy Trooper helmet, and my snow scout is about 90% MC B-pull parts.

These are my own personal thoughts, and I am not receiving anything in return for saying this...

[/disclaimer]

Cal (and Kathy and the rest of the shop there at Faraway Creations) are in fact, real people. Cal has been doing this for at least 10+ years, as he was an "oldbie" within my garrison when I joined in 2005.

I have been to his shop and seen it in person.

Yes, it does exist. It is in Loveland, Colorado, about 1.5 hours north of Denver.

The topic of their wait times has come up over the years. I am sorry to say, it is a reality. That probably won't change.

From what I have seen:

1) You will get your product.

2) You will never get it when you thought you would.

3) The quality is excellent.

4) MC products always sell if you have to sell a completed or uncompleted kit.

5) It will always take longer than they say it will.

6) MC is known for their meticulous (often anal retentive OCD) attention to detail.

I know that Cal and Kathy are doing their best to stay on top of things. They do have a new baby, but she is no longer a newborn, so isn't eating as much time as she used to. They have brought on help to stay on top of emails, and try to get caught up. Occasionally, they do troop, and they do have a convention schedule that they go to, taking the landspeeder and backdrops, props, etc.

I don't know, or claim to understand their scheduling, their queue, or how they keep up on things. They make TB, TS, TK, AT-AT driver, TIE and other parts.

They have infinitely more orders than they can keep up with, a huge backlog of ordered kits, and a huge influx of incoming orders. Even if they magically got caught up with what is in their queue, I think that their demand is beyond their capacity to produce. When you add on that they trim kits from raw state, it takes even longer.

Their kits are awesome. I just would not recommend them as a first kit to get you into the 501st due to how long it takes to get a kit from them. If you want to get your first kit, then order one of the jumpsuits that MC has in stock, and go IC/IN/Scanning Crew, and get your TKID. Only order a jumpsuit that they actually have in stock. Then order the hard armor and you'll get it in when you get it, but you will have had a TKID and have been trooping for a year or more.

Until they get make more molds, add another vaccum-form machine or three, and stop selling trimmed kits, I don't know if it will change much.

• Like 3

Well, and don't allow other projects to put these on hold. That's my biggest concern. If their association with Anovos is holding up production of the kits that have already been paid for, that's not cool. And that's pretty much what Cal told me when inquiring about the delay. People shouldn't be forced to pay up front, then get bumped because of a more profitable arrangement came along.

• Like 5

While I actually (finally) got my armor yesterday, I had already requested a refund. Cal said that they put the money to use immediately and can't refund the money. He mentioned that if you could find a buyer, you could sell your spot in line. Pretty much, the only way you'll get the money back is to dispute the charge from the Credit Card company. But since it would have been over 60 days, it makes CC disputes a bit of a pain. You should still be able to win the dispute, but it could take as much as 90 days to get the money credited back to your account. So, unless you just ordered within the last few months, you may be better just waiting.

Otherwise, people should understand that MC is starting to get busier and busier, and the wait times will get longer and longer. His armor is great, and I'm glad I have it, but I'll recommend SC or TM over MC any day, just for the convenience.

I received my MC armor after 11 months. I agree with the others that the wait is excruciating, but I am so glad I purchased my armor from them as their workmanship is top notch.

Just as an example, the following photo shows a comparison of the boot holsters between MC and SC. The MC holster is on the left, and you can see the details are cleaner and crisper than the SC holster (not to detract from the excellent service I received from Jeff at SC).

zifCAXt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well, last month I was #18 in the queue and now I am #19. That makes absolutely no sense...

This (and the posts indicating that others have been queue jumped) smacks of the provider not realising that the customers are talking to each other. It could be worth someone dropping them a line indicating that they know what service others are receiving and suggesting they shape up.

This (and the posts indicating that others have been queue jumped) smacks of the provider not realising that the customers are talking to each other. It could be worth someone dropping them a line indicating that they know what service others are receiving and suggesting they shape up.

I got the impression that MonCal figures he's got the goods people want and they can pretty much do what they want and ya'll just sit there and eat it to get their stuff....

• Like 2