RS Scout Helmet

The one constant with costuming is that things almost always take longer than expected.

Whilst this is true, these companies shouldn't be taking peoples cash and making them wait??

What else in the world do you pay for up front and then have to wait 3-12 months before you get your stuff?

Whilst this is true, these companies shouldn't be taking peoples cash and making them wait??

What else in the world do you pay for up front and then have to wait 3-12 months before you get your stuff?

This is true. It would be much better to take a non-refundable deposit rather than the whole amount.

From their site:

'Release date for the helmets will be May the 4th 2015. The date is set realistically and will be achieved.'

I think the thing for prop makers to do is avoid making wild statements that are not true.

If they do turn up next week, that will be 3 months over the due date.

Guest Forrest Patrol

Will be released soon. By 'soon', we mean if you're Mumm-Ra the EverLiving.

''Only another thousand years to wait.''

:) XD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to their Facebook site, one message says they will be ready next week.

We'll see.

Sorry to quote from my own post from 1st August, but looks like that was a false alarm.

Lack of updates is getting a little bit of a concern. If I was so far over the due date, I would be trying to keep everybody up to date on what's going on- especially with the cost of these.

Anyone got any more news?

I sent them an email a couple of days ago inquiring about the kit version. The response from Andrea said that they WILL NOT be doing a kit and only selling completed helmets. :(

Nevertheless I do believe I'm getting one.

I am filing a complaint/case through PayPal and pulling out of this BS. I am pretty upset with these guys because they are not communicating AT ALL to me. I am done with this. Going SC. Although Jeff's is not going to be quite as good/accurate, it IS a good looking, and mostly screen accurate scout helmet, plus Jeff's service and turn time are excellent. RS Propmasters bucket will undoubtedly be awesome... In 2017.

That's a done deal. I ordered the SC bucket, and Jeff said I'll likely have it in 2 or 3 weeks. That's a bit better than wondering if I'll see my helmet sometime in the next decade. The SC helmet may be more appropriate for trooping, anyway. :)

That's a done deal. I ordered the SC bucket, and Jeff said I'll likely have it in 2 or 3 weeks. That's a bit better than wondering if I'll see my helmet sometime in the next decade. The SC helmet may be more appropriate for trooping, anyway. :)

Once you start seeing other people get there helmet, I have a feeling you will regret not getting it. If I had the money i'd get it in a heart beat.

I don't know, but I am not waiting months and months longer when they said theyd have these done 3.5 months ago. That is not OK with me, and quite frankly the community should not be alright with this type of thing either.

It's one thing if you come right out and say "this will be done in roughly 6 months" as MonCal has. It is a completely different thing if you say "Will be completed May 4th!" And then September rolls around with crickets chirping.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thing is, they're not making any effort to update or report on what's going on. Lots of pictures, on their FB page, where they are working on other projects, but not a word on the BS helmets. There's messages posted asking for updates, but they're all unanswered.

Really thought these guys were different, but unfortunately they are in danger of loosing all credibility and going the same way as a load of other unreliable prop makers.

• Like 1

I should note that I messaged them about when these will start shipping and I was told yesterday that "we are looking at 8 weeks for new biker orders" but I don't know what that means if you already had it on order.

What is it about scout helmets made from the actual production materials that proves so difficult for these guys to finish?

The construction method of the split half bucket is a full on nightmare. Takes absolutely for ever to make (a couple of days 'each') with all the trimming, sanding, painting etc...

It's possible they may have underestimated this a little, and if something goes wrong (as is very likely with paint), then that just compounds everything.

I try not to give dates on my built buckets for this very reason. They're ready when they're ready.

• Like 2

They need to communicate. Simple as that. I am pretty sure that not a single one has shipped, so obviously it is more than just "a single one takes 2 or 3 days." They lost me. I will never go to them for anything, and will never recommend them to anyone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So they've still got to be painted (was told by RS they had been painted about 5 weeks ago and was just waiting to cure), visors in,liners fitted, chin cup straps fitted, snouts painted/fitted and decals?

Still could be a long wait, don't expect them by the end of the week!