RS Scout Helmet

I wasn't only suggesting it be put in the Vendor Problem list, I also suggested an alternative. If you don't think it should go in the Vendor Problem list, then ok, I understand. But how about putting it under the Helmet listing as just a heads up for for people to do their research before buying from any and all helmet vendors? As I said, it does not have to name any company. I just thought it is something that new people like myself or the first time helmet buyers might like to know before putting down a fair amount of money and expecting to get what they pay for in a timely and professional time frame? And as I suggested, perhaps get the opinions of those more knowledgable and that have been dealing with it for a long time? If you and everyone else does not think it is worthwhile and logical solution, then I am happy to let it go. I just thought it was an important enough matter and that enough people had been affected negatively to voice a helpful solution. Like I said, just my 2 cents...you can simply choose to ignore it or offer another solution, it was nothing more than my opinion. If someone has a better one, then I am more than good with whatever helps this type of situation not happen again, to so many people.

I think that having a Stickie under the helmet forum would be a great idea if these were still available for purchase. However, as has been stated by RS, these will likely never be made available again...so there won't be any newbies who can even buy one of these unless someone who already has one sells it here.

Good looking out though! We are all trying to help each other out with these sorts of things. ðŸ‘

\m/

• Like 1

There is a pinned post on the Trade section that all members should read that encourages membership to research and be careful

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=1161

On that note...I'm glad you're looking out for others, but the warning is there. Members should review the pinned post on the Trade section prior to looking through that section or seeking vendors. Please don't mistake this as shutting out your idea... you certainly do bring up a point of maybe organizing the forums a bit to make it easier for newer members to take advantage and that's something our Web Team could maybe discuss.

• Like 1

So Yorkie Fett, knowing what you know now, is the helmet worth it? It sounds like you are somewhat happy with it, but if you could go back knowing the ordeal you and everyone else endured to get it, would you have ordered it? Would you ever consider ordering from them again?

I wouldn't wear it for trooping, but would it even be possible or is it to thin?

Thanks for sharing your experiences, however painful they may have been. ;)

I get that there is going to be some delays with these high end helmets, but there had to be a point where the company realized enough is enough and either hired some extra staff to complete them or threw some money at the problems in order to get them fixed(hired more customer service reps or a proper consulting firm or individuals that help companies deal with these types of issues)...in other words, whatever it took to get them out(and still get them out apparently). And I mean that for both of these companies. No chance that they lost money on these helmets, so the least they could have done was acted like they cared enough about taking people's hard earned money? I have never in my retail experience heard of anything remotely like the situation. And certainly not one as badly handled as by these 2 companies. You'd have better odds waiting on an Organ Donor's list, than you would in getting these helmets in a timely fashion. They have the single biggest captive audience of buyers for the Scout helmets on this forum, I don't know the percentage of buyers that are members of this forum, but it has to be substantial, no? What better way to show them that it is unacceptable, than to put them on the Vendor Problem list? If nothing else, there should be a warning to new members so they at least know what to expect? That way in the future, if they add another wave, people are aware of what they are getting into and can ask the hard questions to these companies before putting their money down. If I hadn't come here and done my research and learned from your many experiences dealing with both Rs and Efx, I would have had no clue about all these many, many problems? It will give everyone a reference point of the problems involved, both with the time frame and the deplorable customer service. Regardless of whether they advertised here or not, there should be something done. As I said, this is their single biggest customer base, has to be. Shouldn't this be something everyone on this forum, both now and in the future, be made aware of? Just my 2 cents, for what it is worth.

Maybe you guys that have been waiting for a year or 2 can chime in???

Difficult question. Looking back, I think frustration has been the main problem. False timescales and promises, bad QC haven't helped. The experience would have been made easier if RS had just been straight with customers instead of all the bull we got.

Although you might not think so, reading my posts!, yes I am (95%) happy with the helmet. It is a great looking piece (once the QC was addressed), and until Efx show up, your only chance to get a helmet with direct lineage to ROTJ. I think the rarity value make them more desirable, as well.

If I could go back, I would still order this helmet as apart from Efx, it is very difficult to find a truly screen accurate Scout helmet.

• Like 1

My RS Scout helmet arrived, pics will come up shortly. HUGE difference between my first damaged one and replacement. This is how the helmet should have been done in the first place. No issues at all, solid chin, excellent visor fitting, great weathering and I like the accurate way they attached the visor. This is a very beautiful helmet!! :bikerscout:

• Like 1

RS Prop Masters Scout trooper helmet weathered #11/100:

Heck yeah JKNO. The lid looks spectacular. Nice!!!!

And Spanky101 - if you're reading this... you asked about my signature as I listed having the RS and eFX.

I updated that Sig a year and a half ago after ordering the eFX the year before and then ordering the RS - thinking that they would ship soon after. Well, you know the rest - I am still waiting on both.

I once owned the MLCv1,2 and 3 as well as the KS and SC. I unloaded them all as I wanted to focus on the LW and the Licensed ones. I currently have the LW and 3 Altmann's. Looking back, I wish I had kept them all. Oh well...

\m/

• Like 1

RS Prop Masters Scout trooper helmet weathered #11/100:

RS%20Prop%20Masters%20Scout%20Trooper%20helmet%2002.jpg

RS%20Prop%20Masters%20Scout%20Trooper%20helmet%2003.jpg

RS%20Prop%20Masters%20Scout%20Trooper%20helmet%2004.jpg

RS%20Prop%20Masters%20Scout%20Trooper%20helmet%2005.jpg

RS%20Prop%20Masters%20Scout%20Trooper%20helmet%2006.jpg

RS%20Prop%20Masters%20Scout%20Trooper%20helmet%2007.jpg

RS%20Prop%20Masters%20Scout%20Trooper%20helmet%2008.jpg

Now THAT is a Scout helmet. Wow. Beautiful. This is making the wait much harder on me!

\m/

• Like 2

Now that is purty!

Okay, this thread has turned into an RS complaint thread. Although they have had some issues, it's not part of what BSN is all about. We do not endorse any vendor and only try to point out recommendations based on those vendors who have 1) contacted us, and 2) have a good reputation. RS does not advertise with BSN, nor do they offer any products for sale on our forum. As with ALL costuming gear, it's a "buyer beware" market. Do your research, ask questions, review threads, and at the end of the day, do what you think is best for your build. Therefore, this thread is now closed.

• Like 4