RS Scout Helmet

What colour do they use for the lenses? Is it tk-green, or more gray/brown?

And how are they solving the inside? Is it a proper hard hat insert?

grey/brown lenses

• 1 month later...
Guest assimilate

I 'm curious if the lids as flimsy as their other stuff

I have some of their snowie stuff and tbh its very very thin in places

I 'm curious if the lids as flimsy as their other stuff

I have some of their snowie stuff and tbh its very very thin in places

Id guess it might be, but only because they really make the stuff like the screen used. which was .060 ABS i believe in most cases. But, i may be mistaken with how the scout helmets were. Since they were pincell ABS, they may be thicker plastic..and i think if it is, that RS wold try and match it.

Im still looking to grab an RS TK to build for display, so the thickness doesn't concern me, but my trooping one is AM2 because its just so darn durable!

• Like 1

The RS Scout helmet is made from 2mm and 1.5mm ABS, just as the originals were.

Mine are nice and strong and i've not even glued in any of the strips on the inside yet.

Keith.

• Like 2

There doesn't seem to be an option for "build a kit" or "completely assembled." Does anyone know if these are created, assembled, and then shipped out? I am pretty sure this is the bucket I'll be going with.

Have they given anyone an estimate on delivery yet?

There doesn't seem to be an option for "build a kit" or "completely assembled." Does anyone know if these are created, assembled, and then shipped out? I am pretty sure this is the bucket I'll be going with.

Have they given anyone an estimate on delivery yet?

Were due on May 4th, which never happened.

Got an email 3 weeks ago saying it would be sent out the following week, that never happened.

Latest on the RS site says they are 'nearly ready', what ever that means.

I think it just happens because I think that '8th' indent is so close to the centre seam that it's very easy to just fill it in when making the helmet.

• Like 2

I don't think that is the case.

The original RS scout helmet only has 7 vents on the inside also. Its not been filled, it was not there on the mold that made it (or it was filled in on the mold that made it).

All i can think of is at some point during the production of the original helmets, the 8th/9th vents were filled in with something that didn't stay there.

Keith.

• Like 1

I don't think that is the case.

The original RS scout helmet only has 7 vents on the inside also. Its not been filled, it was not there on the mold that made it (or it was filled in on the mold that made it).

All i can think of is at some point during the production of the original helmets, the 8th/9th vents were filled in with something that didn't stay there.

Perhaps when the helmets were being pulled, they decided to fill the 8th/9th vents on the vacforming buck and that's why we have some that have fewer vents and some that have more vents? I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Maybe they noticed that there was a few that had vents too close to the seam and instead of throwing those pulls away, they just used them anyway. Let's not forget, they didn't have a long time to crank these helmets out during production. It's highly likely the helmets would've been done within a couple or three weeks, from start to finish.

• Like 1

Maybe they subsequently filled them in on the buck when they realised that having those extra holes so close to the seam line makes getting the pulls off the buck an absolute cowbag.

The grab factor of those lower holes gets exponentially worse the lower down you go (closer to the seam).

I know from bitter experience!

Either way... Some of the screen used lids have 8, 8 (1x large), 9, some have 7.

They're all as equally screen accurate.

• Like 2

From experience (I'm currently building a two half bucket) I can attest to how easy it is for that hole closest to the seam to be filled in. Bondo can be an evil, evil little thing...

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting really concerned about the release time of these helmets. If they are not starting to ship out around 2 months from now, I am getting money back and going SC or something. I really hope I don't regret this...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I am getting really concerned about the release time of these helmets. If they are not starting to ship out around 2 months from now, I am getting money back and going SC or something. I really hope I don't regret this...

While I'm not anyone who has a direct line to RS, I'm sure they'll be delivering their products. They're not known for taking money without eventually sending the product. Besides, it's kinda to be expected. At least you're not waiting on an efx scout helmet (which is currently overdue by about 9 or 10 months).

The one constant with costuming is that things almost always take longer than expected. Hang in there and you'll have yourself a beautiful bucket with actual lineage to a production made helmet and built in the same way. Can't get any better than that. ;)