RS Scout Helmet

RS props customer service is disgraceful. I'd recommend getting a refund while you can! Before they all disappear. I waited forever for my helmet, listening to promise after promise and dealing with multiple ignored emails etc etc. I was lucky to give up when I did and get a refund a few months ago. Don't waste your time.

I'll consider a refund or something once I finish the Shoretrooper... if I can build an entire costume before the helmet stuff is resolved.... yeah it'd be time to move on

• Like 1

Well still no email. Has anyone from the Detachment staff contacted them?

I don't believe so. Not sure what we could really do. Maybe other staff have an idea?

There has been a bit of traffic on the 501st boards about the issues with RS. I'm not sure what the Det staff could do to get them to realize what they are doing to their business by not doing what they say. That's why I mentioned that maybe the only way to really get them to understand is by consumers refusing to do business with them. I've seen their work and it's beautiful to say the least but you just can't take a person's money and then treat them poorly and not communicate with them. We're all a little forgiving regarding setbacks but none of us would put up with this type of behavior from any other vendor why should we put up with it from them? It's a shame that RS has decided to take this course as it will only serve to have business directed away from them in the future. With an almost 10K strong legion that's a lot of business "slipping through their fingers".

I think you're right though Tim. One thought might be to add them to the vendor problem listing as was done with CB and we tell potential recruits to avoid them. I'm not sure if that's warranted yet though.

Edited by Retrofire

Well they didn't advertise here nor the legion board so I'll take that as buy at your own risk. Us scouts have never offered a lineage piece until now. So I'm gonna stick it out. I do know a guy that knows the guy and for a fact there will be no more scout helmets after this run. I was promised so I'll take it. I've waited 2 years for a item. Yeah before some beaks off I have and I'll do it again if it's something I want as bad as the RS.

• Like 1

Wow over a week after promising to send out emails in their "damage control" post on facebook, they still haven't bothered to do so. This was one of the problems the aggrieved customer had which made him post an angry writeup.

Are they really comparable to CB? I know the Scout helmet project has been full of lies and broken promises from RS, and there isn't any excusing that, but has anyone who has asked for a refund had trouble getting one? In the case of CB, those people are out the money with little chance of getting a helmet. I don't believe this to be the case with RS.

If anyone received a refund from RS, would you mind sharing how long it took and how well it was handled? I think these are very important details to take into consideration before putting them on a vendor problem list.

Well they didn't advertise here nor the legion board so I'll take that as buy at your own risk. Us scouts have never offered a lineage piece until now. So I'm gonna stick it out. I do know a guy that knows the guy and for a fact there will be no more scout helmets after this run. I was promised so I'll take it. I've waited 2 years for a item. Yeah before some beaks off I have and I'll do it again if it's something I want as bad as the RS.

All good points Tim and I should be clear that I don't have a dog in this hunt but it's hard not to empathize with ya'll in your frustration. Looking at the pictures of Mickey's lid it's a beautiful piece and based on the trouble they seem to be having with probably not something that will come around again so it's probably something worth waiting for.

• Like 1

Are they really comparable to CB? I know the Scout helmet project has been full of lies and broken promises from RS, and there isn't any excusing that, but has anyone who has asked for a refund had trouble getting one? In the case of CB, those people are out the money with little chance of getting a helmet. I don't believe this to be the case with RS.

If anyone received a refund from RS, would you mind sharing how long it took and how well it was handled? I think these are very important details to take into consideration before putting them on a vendor problem list.

I can't really speak about a full helmet refund, but I have been waiting nearly 4 months to get a refund on return shipping costs, without any success.

If you go back through the posts you'll see I had to return my helmet due to the terrible state of it, but despite asking about 5 times, they have still not refunded the costs.

BTW, I was told my replacement helmet would be sent out on Friday, but have had no further contact or confirmation.

Just keep seeing lots of pictures, on Facebook, of people holding the helmets appearing to be 'working' on them, but that's been going on for weeks, now.

I wouldn't mind the return shipping refunded to me, but I would accept a RS T-shirt instead LOL. The one they sent me is only good for a kid. :)

Hi,

I think the Dickey Beer Signature Edition Biker Scout helmet is a great replica.

I know that this helmet has a lot of complaints from the buyers due the long time waiting.. but the fact is if needed i would wait again for it...

Now, here it is :)

IMG_7651_zpsxiswfwjs.jpg

• Like 2

Hi,

I think the Dickey Beer Signature Edition Biker Scout helmet is a great replica.

I know that this helmet has a lot of complaints from the buyers due the long time waiting.. but the fact is if needed i would wait again for it...

Now, here it is :)

IMG_7651_zpsxiswfwjs.jpg

There is no doubt it is a great replica, and as long as there are no quality/build/finish issues, then you will certainly be very happy.

Unfortunately a lot more problems than wait times have all been listed in this thread, and they don't appear to be isolated cases.

Regarding waiting times, I did hang on a long time, but I'm having to wait a long time again, as they haven't sent me a replacement.

• Like 1

Wonder if I'll see a replacement before September.

Coming up on 4 months since my email letting them know the helmet I'd received was damaged, and 3 months since my most recent follow-up status email inquiry, which is as yet unanswered.

I don't even care when it comes, I just want to hear something back, and for them to get it right the second time.

Wonder if I'll see a replacement before September.

Coming up on 4 months since my email letting them know the helmet I'd received was damaged, and 3 months since my most recent follow-up status email inquiry, which is as yet unanswered.

I don't even care when it comes, I just want to hear something back, and for them to get it right the second time.

This whole messed up saga just gets more depressing when you hear more and more peoples' bad experiences.

Ironically, the stormtrooper customers seem more than happy if you go over to FISD.

Go figure!

• 2 weeks later...

Has RS ever said anything about offering this helmet as a kit? I understand they will probably never offer a completed version again, but it'd be a shame for these molds to go unused.

Has RS ever said anything about offering this helmet as a kit? I understand they will probably never offer a completed version again, but it'd be a shame for these molds to go unused.

I asked this early on when these were announced and back then it was "possibly". Who knows now, though...

Plus, a kit would be easier for them to produce. No painting, just parts and some decals. I know they paid a lot for the original production-made helmet that it's based off, but hand finishing all of them is obviously not as simple as they thought it'd be. I'd totally buy a kit, no question.

New image up on Facebook showing what's apparently the 2nd wave, painted and weathered up. Weathering looks great I think, has a few more nicks than just the black spray paint mine has. Could also be the pic, but wondering also what's going on with the replacements, still.

New image up on Facebook showing what's apparently the 2nd wave, painted and weathered up. Weathering looks great I think, has a few more nicks than just the black spray paint mine has. Could also be the pic, but wondering also what's going on with the replacements, still.

Very nice. Hopefully they get these out and start up Wave 3 ;)

Well, glad to see some progress but I am in Wave 2 (supposedly) and have heard NOTHING from RS.

[not surprised in the slightest though]

\m/