RS Scout Helmet

Did anyone who has a damaged RS Scout helmet receive their replacement yet?

No.

Sent mine back on April 8th, and since then have just got the usual excuses and promises, but as expected, nothing has shown up.

I would think that the only way to make the disappointment known is to just to let go of the lid and ask for a refund. After reading all the posts to this thread over the months you can be darn sure I won't be going to RS for anything armor related ever. Most companies don't get it until they get hit in the pocketbook. I would think that if this was a local vendor they would go on the "BSN Issues" thread and be banned from selling on the forum until this issue was fixed. This type of service (or total lack thereof), my fellow Pathfinders, is simply unacceptable.

• Like 3

Yeah, it's rather unfortunate about their business practice. It reminds me a lot of MonCal and the complaints about wait-times and then issues with getting replacements etc, etc.

That's why I really appreciate Jeff and the service he provides to us Troopers. I know RS / Anovos will never have customer service like him, but it makes you realize just how lucky we are to have a prop-maker in our back pocket that cares

• Like 3

Saw this posted on RS' facebook page, though it may be deleted from there by now. It doesn't fill me with great confidence in them :(

https://www.facebook...64846269&type=3

This quote is very alarming:

"6/30/16: Rob emails with what felt like a truly honest and sincere email. Says he has 40 helmets there and none are good, he "would not have them in his own collection"...lucky for the customers getting those...."

At least he got a helmet, even if it was poorly made, which is more than I have after paying £410 almost 15 months ago. I've been given the run around too and got pretty fed up with their stalling and false promises but I restrained myself recently from getting a refund. I desperately want an accurate Scout lid but I may just take my chances with my EFX pre-order after all.

• Like 1

Saw this posted on RS' facebook page, though it may be deleted from there by now. It doesn't fill me with great confidence in them :(

https://www.facebook...64846269&type=3

This quote is very alarming:

"6/30/16: Rob emails with what felt like a truly honest and sincere email. Says he has 40 helmets there and none are good, he "would not have them in his own collection"...lucky for the customers getting those...."

At least he got a helmet, even if it was poorly made, which is more than I have after paying £410 almost 15 months ago. I've been given the run around too and got pretty fed up with their stalling and false promises but I restrained myself recently from getting a refund. I desperately want an accurate Scout lid but I may just take my chances with my EFX pre-order after all.

Wow!

It looks like the "Call-Out" post was taken down, but in turn RS Props has written a public update / apology expressing their personal frustrations. Supposedly they will be sending e-mails to all those waiting and giving them an option to take a full refund or continue to wait.

Bet I won't get any email today from them. . . just same old platitudes and delay tactics.

I thought the same thing when I read that part.

It is nice to read the words but believing the words come to fruition is what is becoming more difficult to accept.

RS has cried WOLF too many time and not backed up their words on this Scout build.

I will still wait for my lid as I am in Wave 2.

\m/

\m/

From their fb post yesterday morning: "I will today have everyone who is waiting updated by email to confirm they still want to be a part of this run of special helmets, or fully refund them."

And still no email. This is a big part of the problem with them.

Yep. Wouldn't have expected an email before Celebration, knowing how hectic things must be, but then once again hope is raised by words like this.

I don't see the situation as negatively as the guy who wrote that long Facebook post, and I don't think there's any malicious intent to mislead or lie to customers. I think they're just in well over their heads, both with the number of orders to process and with the complexity of these scouts.

I wonder if they shouldn't do something to start limiting the amount of work they have at one time? Perhaps some sort of limited stock system which would allow however many units of each item to be sold within a given time frame. That way, maybe people wouldn't be able to buy what they wanted right when they wanted to, but they also wouldn't have to be waiting for months and months and getting angry. Would some people be impatient and buy elsewhere? Sure. But I think a lot of those lost sales are the same people who are most frustrated when there are extended delays.

I'm sticking it out! However theres one thing I want and that's a email. Also I would love to have my helmet with a gloss finish! So here's hoping that email shows up after celebration.

• Like 1

I would think that the only way to make the disappointment known is to just to let go of the lid and ask for a refund. After reading all the posts to this thread over the months you can be darn sure I won't be going to RS for anything armor related ever. Most companies don't get it until they get hit in the pocketbook. I would think that if this was a local vendor they would go on the "BSN Issues" thread and be banned from selling on the forum until this issue was fixed. This type of service (or total lack thereof), my fellow Pathfinders, is simply unacceptable.

Agree. Reading this entire thread has completely changed my mind about trying to get in if they ever were to open up a new wave. Whack service just to receive a helmet that might come damaged or not up to snuff quality wise, and for the money? Forget it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Reading this entire thread has completely changed my mind about trying to get in if they ever were to open up a new wave. Whack service just to receive a helmet that might come damaged or not up to snuff quality wise, and for the money? Forget it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on this quote I'm sure you're right Bobaben.

"It is safe to say that this helmet will be a very desirable helmet in the future due to the very limited number that we will ever produce in light of what we know now."