RS Scout Helmet

Thanks for the info, sergiu. Will be nice to finally put the waiting behind us. Do you have the EFX biker scout on order as well? Sorry, can't remember whether you did or not, it's been so long...

Not sure why I don't get any email notifications on replies on the threads I follow here, unless is a quote,a Like or a PM.

Anyway I indeed ordered the EFX Scout too, LE, because Legend would be stupidly expensive shipped to me, plus I might have had issues with the blaster - if it will be still in stock when they are shipping I might ask a US friend for help.

On a good note regarding RS I got the cool ESB Alan Harris helmet #49/50, great lid, though still waiting on the replacement Scout without any news.

Very very sloppy business. I'll never understand it, but on the flipside, I'll never have a screen lineage Scout helmet any other way. That's the only reason I sprang for one...I knew the wait would be long and painful, but seeing as how only 100 are being made (with nary a hope of future productions) I had to go for it.

\m/

Same here. I'm honestly very happy with my SC Bucket for trooping and don't mind the wait at all... if anyone is waiting for their RS bucket before completing their Scout, I feel for them...

Personally, I believe most people would be much happier with Costume/Prop shops if they just honestly communicated with the customers who paid them. Making false-promises even well-intended ones can be more damaging than good, I'd rather hear "Hey guys, we got locked up on production and right now we had to shift focus. We appreciate your patience" then "We're gonna start them up next week!", because at least with the first answer you can quietly put that on the back-burner instead of getting a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 3

I'm beginning to think we won't be seeing these things until after Celebration Europe.

I'm also reconsidering the plan I'd had to order RS TK armor (kit or commissioned, unsure which), as I'm already waiting on a complete TIE commission and don't really feel like doing this again any time soon.

Glad I didn't sell my LW, as my girlfriend asked me more than once. LW is such a beautiful helmet, regarding sturdiness is way above RS, and accuracy wise is not far behind either. LW made a superb helmet that stands proudly among the screen used/production made ones easily.

• Like 1

Glad I didn't sell my LW, as my girlfriend asked me more than once. LW is such a beautiful helmet, regarding sturdiness is way above RS, and accuracy wise is not far behind either. LW made a superb helmet that stands proudly among the screen used/production made ones easily.

Couldn't agree more about the LW.

I was expecting the RS to be very similar in terms of weight, sturdiness and pull quality, but unfortunately as soon as I took the RS out of the box, you could immediately feel it was inferior to the LW.

I'm still pretty excited about RS. I checked out Mickey's in person and even with the minor defects like decal peeling a tad and a "little" overspray on the snout... I'd say it's a really nice bucket. Don't own a LW, but can pick up based off the numerous photos and positive comparisons that his stuff is absolute quality.

• Like 1

I'm still pretty excited about RS. I checked out Mickey's in person and even with the minor defects like decal peeling a tad and a "little" overspray on the snout... I'd say it's a really nice bucket. Don't own a LW, but can pick up based off the numerous photos and positive comparisons that his stuff is absolute quality.

LW buckets certainly are quality, will never get rid of mine.

Perhaps RS could give LW a job so he can show them how to do the job properly.

• Like 1

LW buckets certainly are quality, will never get rid of mine.

Perhaps RS could give LW a job so he can show them how to do the job properly.

John's help in making the RS helmet would produce the best helmet out there.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Frspropmasters%2Fposts%2F10154122469689333%3A0&width=500" width="500" height="646" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Exciting news Shaun! Ours are in that mess of Wave 3 ;)

EDIT: well not in that exact photo, since those are Wave 2, but you know what I meant

Exciting news Shaun! Ours are in that mess of Wave 3 ;)

Yes. Yes they are! I actually sent an extremely polite message last week for an update. Looks like this is it.

\m/

Yes. Yes they are! I actually sent an extremely polite message last week for an update. Looks like this is it.

\m/

I don't really have any complaints on my end considering the wait that Wave 1 went through.... :rolleyes: ... and even worse for those waiting EFx with the production delays unforeseeable

meh they'l probably take another 6 months just to slap on some decals and finish off wave 2

LOL I was going to make a similar comment on their Facebook thread but decided to go the high road and keep it to myself.

I do agree with you though.

\m/

If you read the comments on that post you'll see that they admit to seriously underestimating what it would take to actually get these out there. Sounds like the same boat EFX is in but RS managed to get a few out

\m/

They should address the faulty wave 1 replacements too...

Agreed, I sent my faulty wave 1 helmet back on April 8th, and am still waiting for my replacement (despite being told it would be replaced 'within the week').

Why would you guys send back the helmet? You're most likely gonna get the same helmet back, or another one with similar problems. Cause they'll rush your helmet while they finish up others orders. Then you'll be caught in a cycle of sending back what you get, I'd say just fix it yourself.

Why would you guys send back the helmet? You're most likely gonna get the same helmet back, or another one with similar problems. Cause they'll rush your helmet while they finish up others orders. Then you'll be caught in a cycle of sending back what you get, I'd say just fix it yourself.

Reason I sent mine back- I don't really think it's acceptable to spend £400 ($585) and wait 18 months for a prop which you then have to start stripping, sanding, repainting, redecaling and basically working on to get it to a satisfactory standard.

This should have been perfect straight out of the box. Judging by some other members on here (and by the law of averages, buyers who aren't members), I'm not the only one who's been stung.

If the next one is substandard, It'll keep going back till they get it right.

• Like 3

Reason I sent mine back- I don't really think it's acceptable to spend £400 ($585) and wait 18 months for a prop which you then have to start stripping, sanding, repainting, redecaling and basically working on to get it to a satisfactory standard....................

100% agree with you Yorkie Fett.

It is a professional prop with a PRO price tag and shouldn't be anything less than PERFECT.

\m/

Not planning to send mine back until I have a good one in my possession, they tell me they actually want it shipped back and not destroyed, and they confirm that they'll refund my shipping costs.

Can't really fix the damaged/cracked paint/primer/helmet, nor do I feel like I should have to I guess.