RS Scout Helmet

Anyone from Wave 2 get an update? I'm anticipated a long wait for Wave 3, but just wondering where the Wave 2 guys were at, should've entered painting quite some time ago, but not getting my hopes up.

Anyone from Wave 2 get an update? I'm anticipated a long wait for Wave 3, but just wondering where the Wave 2 guys were at, should've entered painting quite some time ago, but not getting my hopes up.

Not yet Daniel. I just BUMPED their Facebook Wave 2 post again today.

They were painting Wave 2 on April 22.

Still nothing.... :angry2::blink:<_<

\m/

• Like 1

Not yet Daniel. I just BUMPED their Facebook Wave 2 post again today.

They were painting Wave 2 on April 22.

Still nothing.... :angry2::blink:<_>

\m/

Appreciate the Update-LESS update :D ! My SC works fine for me, so not in any sort of rush... but I did have the pleasure of trying on Mickey's RS Props, very excited to have my own in hands to say the least ;)

• Like 1

Still waiting for my replacement. In fact still waiting for a message telling me what to do with the damaged helmet, or when the replacement is ready to be sent my way.

It kinda feels like wave 1 was pushed out to settle everyone down, and now it's on the back burner again.

EXACTLY!!!!

I have been cool up until these past three weeks. No I am getting pissed. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

\m/

Same here regarding the replacement. Still waiting to send mine (it's readily packed) and to receive the new one. Or maybe they will send theirs first? No replies about any of this. :(

Same here, now over 1 month from when I got a brief email response saying a replacement would be prepped. I don't even mind waiting longer, but it would be nice to have updates.

WOW. RS replied to a comment I made on their Facebook page. Their pictured showed them all working very hard on everything BUT Biker Scout helmets so I had to make a comment. below is the exchange...

Matt Maurer I purchased a Biker Scout helmet ages ago and I am not seeing them finished. \m/

Like · Reply · 5 hrs

268044_10151291185619333_398155569_n.jpg?oh=c369558582cfd2c627bdd990a492121e&oe=57CFF421

RS Prop Masters Hi Matt I am currently working on the next wave of biker helmets. Ive been pushing hard this week to get fett orders caught up with, and I'll have further updates on bikers in this coming week.

Nice to get a reply but I have little faith in the "coming week" comment.

\m/

Seems RS are too busy bulk producing the stormtrooper and Fett stuff, which is what the mass market appear to want (as witnessed on their recent FB photos). That would seem to be where the big(ger) money is, so it's presumably why the smaller stuff gets bumped to the back of the queue.

Weeks ago, I sent my badly painted helmet back for a replacement (serious QC issues) and was told a replacement would be sent out within the week, then, guess what? Yep the emails stopped coming, and they haven't even had the courtesy to keep me updated on what was their problem in the first place. Despite asking, they haven't refunded the return shipping costs either!

The funny thing is I also ordered the last of the Alan Harris Stormie helmets and nothing about that either. Not even a second reply from Andrea, after she said she will investigate further. I also don't mind the wait, as long as I receive some updates.

Seems my Alan Harris ESB TK helmet is on its way to me. Regarding the damaged Scout lid, Andrea said this: "Simon is dealing with the biker helmet", not sure what that means, but I hope it will arrive soon and without issues.

Thanks for the info, sergiu. Will be nice to finally put the waiting behind us. Do you have the EFX biker scout on order as well? Sorry, can't remember whether you did or not, it's been so long...

"RS Prop Masters Hi Matt I am currently working on the next wave of biker helmets. Ive been pushing hard this week to get fett orders caught up with, and I'll have further updates on bikers in this coming week."

(quoted from Grendel_Blitz above)

hello Tristan. Just getting this comment. Thank you for the update. I will be moving next week so I will need to update my address with you folks. Looking forward to getting the LID.

\m/

Unfortunately I'm not affiliated with RS in any way, so I can't be of help I'm afraid. The video was mostly just a joke that we were fast approaching the deadline for the "update on the Scouts next week" that was suggested.

Nothing RS wrote in that FB post suggested to me they're "almost there". Remember that long email they sent out in January promising better service and completion of these helmets?! Six months later and nothing's changed on my end. These companies, RS, eFX and Anovos have sucked the fun right out of collecting with their excuses and endless delays.

• Like 1

I finally gave up after a stupid long wait and got a refund. At least they were fast with the refund payment.

Disappointed though - I was looking forward to getting my hands on one, I just couldn't deal with the constant "almost there" stories.

• Like 1

We are now approaching 2 months since my last email from RS (from Rob himself, actually) stating that a replacement helmet was being prepared due to damage to my first one. And we are over one month since my reply to that email, asking about status.

Meanwhile I received the EFX Vader lid I didn't order, and their own Scouts are nowhere in sight.

Anyone having any luck getting updates?

We are now approaching 2 months since my last email from RS (from Rob himself, actually) stating that a replacement helmet was being prepared due to damage to my first one. And we are over one month since my reply to that email, asking about status.

Meanwhile I received the EFX Vader lid I didn't order, and their own Scouts are nowhere in sight.

Anyone having any luck getting updates?

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you.

6 weeks since I last heard from Rob, who was going to replace my returned helmet 'within the week'.

Sent them an email a couple of days ago asking for an update, but have heard nothing back.

Very very sloppy business. I'll never understand it, but on the flipside, I'll never have a screen lineage Scout helmet any other way. That's the only reason I sprang for one...I knew the wait would be long and painful, but seeing as how only 100 are being made (with nary a hope of future productions) I had to go for it.

\m/