RS Scout Helmet

Well, at least their communication is consistent. I just received my confirmation of being in the SECOND WAVE.

First wave supposedly posts this week. Second wave 3 weeks from now. WE SHALL SEE.... :)

"Thank you for patience so far regarding the biker helmets.

I can confirm you are in the second wave, The first wave will be shipping this week, To follow the second wave we are looking at approximately 3 weeks.

We now have the water slide decals after the sixth attempt and finally got them correct in our hands.

We apologise for the long delay and many thanks for choosing RS."

From their Fb page;

' The first wave are now sporting some very nice decals. Moving on to weathering (where required) and clear cote. All first wave guys have been contacted by email...'

When they say 'clear cote' does that mean they are putting a final layer of varnish over everything?

Would think if that is the case, you'd want to give it at least a couple of days to cure.

Well, at least their communication is consistent. I just received my confirmation of being in the SECOND WAVE.

First wave supposedly posts this week. Second wave 3 weeks from now. WE SHALL SEE.... :)

When did you order, Matt?

• Like 1

Newbie here on this site :) , would love one of these RS lids, do they offer it as a kit?

Welcome aboard Christian! RS is only making fully completed Scout helmets (at this time). :)

(in which many of us have been waiting a VERY LONG TIME to receive ours)

\m/

Welcome aboard Christian! RS is only making fully completed Scout helmets (at this time). :)

(in which many of us have been waiting a VERY LONG TIME to receive ours)

\m/

Thanks Matt, thats a shame, prefer building stuff myself, a lot more fun! :D

How 'long' is a long wait for you guys?, I waited the best part of year for my Anovos TK kit

Considering I got an email from them today double checking if I needed weathering or not (I don't).... yeah, think they are missing their ship date

Last year in september they wrote me:

Replica Prop serial number:115812

Helemt Issue Number:25

Firstly, sorry for the continued delay with your Biker Scout helmet. We have been working steadily on the project and have the first wave near completion. I can confirm you are in the first wave. We foresee the shipping date being around the 12th of this month.

We will advise as we move closer to shipping these helmets and confirm the weathering requirements and preview images for approval of your helmet.

Thank you for your continuing.

We will see, what happens next.....

and when!

Hey Alex, When did you place your order?

I ordered mine a year ago this month (April) and they sent me this...

Replica Prop serial number:1151070

Helmet Issue Number:43

ust curious... :) Thanks!!! \m/

Hi Matt,

ordered (and paid) end of 2014.

maybe they're rolling the dice about the Replica Prop Serial Number....

Don't belive, they're producing enough items in this short time from my number 115812 to yours 1151070

• Like 1

Don't belive, they're producing enough items in this short time from my number 115812 to yours 1151070

Thanks Alex. That does make sense as you ordered long before I did.

Thanks for letting me know.

We will get out lids eventually and that's all that matters. :)

\m/

My TK is from them as well. They delivered on the next day after paying.

The scout bucket is for completing my next costume..... Now I'm waiting for finalizing a very long time, but there is some hope. Maybe have the bucket just in time with ep.VIII

• Like 1

Last year in september they wrote me:

Firstly, sorry for the continued delay with your Biker Scout helmet. We have been working steadily on the project and have the first wave near completion. I can confirm you are in the first wave. We foresee the shipping date being around the 12th of this month.

We will advise as we move closer to shipping these helmets and confirm the weathering requirements and preview images for approval of your helmet.

Thank you for your continuing.

We will see, what happens next.....

and when!

Beat ya! This was from 6th July 2015:

'Thanks for your continuing patience with the Biker Scout Project. I am happy to inform you we now have all the components in place. Rob will be working on the final fitment of the visor/face plate this week after the painting has cured. I will update you as your helmet nears completion in the coming days.

Sorry again for the delay.'

Got mine too!

• Like 2