RS Scout Helmet

Just cancelled my order from last October. My place would have been 67 and be in the 4th wave. But given that the first wave is now overdue for almost a year I don't want to stress myself for another 4 years. Their constantly moving timelines have passed "ridicoulous" a long time ago. Last picture we saw was from January and all that's left were the decals to attach. If it takes them a couple of months to attach some lousy decals I don't even want to estimate how long it may take to form and assemble yet another wave of helmets (provided that the first wave ever gets dispatched). Ah, I feel relieved now ;-)

• Like 1

So apparently they had to outsource the decals as theirs "wernt good enough." Hmm. It seems like that should have been worked out a long time ago.

Yep, you'd think so.

This was their message on Facebook;

'RS Prop Masters- Im waiting on the silk screen printed water slide decals Ive had to have them professionally done, the ones i made just wernt good enough all being well they should be with us in the next couple of weeks'

So, another couple of weeks...

There is always another issue or excuse.

They had a picture of boxes of untrimmer TK armor that they said was going to be shipped ASAP on Facebook today.

LOL - It was not even separated to be individually shipped yet.

I am just going to try to forget about this helmet like am am doing the eFX Scout.

Someday, they will both arrive to my doorstep (and I will be in a pine box and my great grandchildren will be able to enjoy them).

:)

\m/

I just read on their fb page saying that They had to have the decals professionally done and they should be here in a few weeks. They also stated that the 2nd batch is already assembled and just needs to be painted. These are just their responses to comments on their fb page though.

As many forum members here, on RPF, and other boards have said already RS is now a full enterprise, a factory. Long gone are times when we were all friends and we talked by email or online discussing everything. Simon didn't even answer my emails or Facebook PM's anymore, and I didn't even ask about the Scout lid, but if my small Xmas present arrived to them. :( Every other friend confirmed the receipt of the package, nothing from RS, though the tracking number shows delivery.

Seems now RS is more for the money, and less for the fun and friends, more for the Facebook likes, than for real personal connections like before. I've seen things like this happen with various people including family and friends from my city, once they are up there, becoming important/VIPs, they forget who were their friends, back then when few were their true friends. They simply forget where they came from... Sad.

Sad indeed.

But it's probably more innocent than that. I think they've just put themselves so far behind they can't possibly keep up with the social aspect.

I've said it before. They need to STOP taking orders, catch up, and control how many orders they take at a time.

• Like 2

Sad indeed.

But it's probably more innocent than that. I think they've just put themselves so far behind they can't possibly keep up with the social aspect.

I've said it before. They need to STOP taking orders, catch up, and control how many orders they take at a time.

I agree with you ben, I think that they bite off more than they can chew with all of these projects, especially the Scout helmets. If they get too big like what Sergiu is suggesting Lucasfilm can take legal action against them because they are not licensed to produce Star Wars merchandise. Anyone remember Andrew Ainsworth? I pray that never happens to RS but they are pretty big already. Who really knows. I just want my helmet...

• Like 1

Guest assimilate

exactly

how long before the mouse makes a visit

they must be making thousands on a monthly basis from unlicensed products and advertising openly

I would think that the mouse's Imperial Lawyer Corps are ruthlessly efficient they may not have shown up on the radar yet but I fear they will and probably soon.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Well, by my reckoning and based on the LFL/Ainsworth lawsuit they should be safe given that they are based in the UK. The ruling back then was that those costume parts were not "sculptures" (70 years copyright) but "industrial design" (15 years copyright which already expired).

that was only for stormtrooper armour from ANH though

No, it was also about quite a few other helmets from ANH, such as the Jawbone, cheesegrater, Tie etc.. Pretty much all the stuff he's offering on his website.

yea and why would it be any different for the scout. they can say the same thing.."industrial design" i think RS is likely safe....for now.

But back to the topic on hand...its has been a long while and it sucks you all have to deal with this. Believe me ive been there! sucks!

RS email:

"Thank you for patience so far regarding the biker helmets. I can confirm you are in the first wave, and we will be looking at shipping your helmet next week. We now have the water slide decals after the sixth attempt and finally got them correct in our hands. We apologise for the long delay and many thanks for choosing RS."

RS email:

"Thank you for patience so far regarding the biker helmets. I can confirm you are in the first wave, and we will be looking at shipping your helmet next week. We now have the water slide decals after the sixth attempt and finally got them correct in our hands. We apologise for the long delay and many thanks for choosing RS."

Why do they keep sending these 'next week...','next week...' emails?

This must be about the fifth time they have promised that they'll be shipping, with messages going all the way back to last Summer.

Way to do it, is finish helmet, contact buyer they are going out and send them. It's really simple.

Getting seriously sick of the constant promises.

• Like 2

RS email:

I got that same email today ;)

well now they're saying I am in the first wave I just got an email from them. Hooray!

You're in the first wave! And you're in the first wave! And you're in the first wave! Everybody's in the first wave!

• Like 2

well now they're saying I am in the first wave I just got an email from them. Hooray!

looks like you'll get it in a few months!

I guess you are in the same boat now ;)

I guess RS stands for "Rarely Shipped" I sorry you folks have to go through this. What a bummer.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk