RS Scout Helmet

Guest Forrest Patrol

From their site:

'Release date for the helmets will be May the 4th 2015. The date is set realistically and will be achieved.'

I think the thing for prop makers to do is avoid making wild statements that are not true.

If they do turn up next week, that will be 3 months over the due date.

I think you guys should get Lord Vader on the case.

"Where are those orders you accepted?!? What have done with those helmets?!?"

"They will be completed on schedule"

"Your costumers at BSN do not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation."

"...achk...I assure you Lord Vader, my men are working as fast as they can."

" Perhaps I can find new to ways to motivate them. "

You know the rest.

• Like 3

Guest Forrest Patrol

How much was the clean version?

Only $600. 😒

Only $600. ������

$600?!?

I could almost buy my own ship for that!

• Like 1

Guest Forrest Patrol

Well if it makes you feel any better, for you it would only be £399.

I'd still have to sell my speeder. :(

• Like 1

Are you sure? i think thats for the Dickey Beer signature version. I am looking at the site and i see £199.99–£399.99

So far that's all they're offering. It's £199.99 for a deposit, and £399.99 for full payment.

• Like 1

They will make more for sure in the future.

BTW email received from RS: "Firstly, sorry for the continued delay with your Biker Scout helmet. We have been working steadily on the project and have the first wave near completion. I can confirm you are in the first wave. We foresee the shipping date being around the 12th of this month."

• Like 1

You know this?

They will make more for sure in the future.

BTW email received from RS: "Firstly, sorry for the continued delay with your Biker Scout helmet. We have been working steadily on the project and have the first wave near completion. I can confirm you are in the first wave. We foresee the shipping date being around the 12th of this month."

I think that refers to the first wave of the 100 Signature Editions they're producing. That doesn't necessarily mean they will offer any more beyond that. I mean I hope they do, because a non-signature edition would be cheaper, but we'll see.

This helmet is not the only product they offer, on top of these 100 helmets, tons of full stormtrooper armor, and full boba feet armor, feet helmets, stormtrooper helmets, vader helmets, and full snow trooper armor orders are all being fulfilled at the same time, somewhere, there will be backorders, the world does not revolve around the scout helmet. You guys will get your elmets when the time comes, at least you will get it before efx ships out theirs.

I love RS products, but unlike EFX, Master Replicas, Icons, Sideshow stuff etc. they are not truly limited editions. We'll see if/when they make more. Only time will tell.

Well, I freed one of the 100 when I gave up on these fools. At least they gave me a full refund. AFTER I had to file a PayPal claim about their complete inability to communicate about ANYTHING.

I am not ever going to order something from them again.

You know their website STILL states this:

"Release

The release date for the helmets will be May the 4th 2015. The date is set realistically and will be achieved. Exclusive images and progress updates will be supplied to all pre-order group members to keep you up to date with the progress of the run and your individual helmet."

What the hell? I am sorry, this just infuriates me.

• Like 1

Understand your frustration. They really do need to update that. Fortunately I'm not in a rush, as I no longer believe I can get my build done before Dec. 18th anyway. I just can't pass up a bucket with lineage.

Well, I freed one of the 100 when I gave up on these fools. At least they gave me a full refund. AFTER I had to file a PayPal claim about their complete inability to communicate about ANYTHING.

I am not ever going to order something from them again.

You know their website STILL states this:

"Release

The release date for the helmets will be May the 4th 2015. The date is set realistically and will be achieved. Exclusive images and progress updates will be supplied to all pre-order group members to keep you up to date with the progress of the run and your individual helmet."

What the hell? I am sorry, this just infuriates me.

I'm not sure for how long were you interested in collecting or trooping? Because delays like these are something to be expected some times, especially for high end stuff. Lack of communication is not normal, but too many do this right now, including EFX (the overall champion), Sideshow, Gentle Giant etc. Heck, we waited more than 3 years for the EFX TIE Fighter. Be sure I'm not defending either of these companies or producers, in fact I hit them hard countless times when they deserved.

• Like 1

I don't understand how it is remotely acceptable to sell a product and then blow people off for a year or 3 years. Make the product and then sell it. If you have such a huge demand make more molds and hire more staff. The profit margin for the helmets must be huge considering material costs and actual work time. If waiting a year or 2 is the norm for this hobby we should really take CB off the problem vendor list at the top of this page. He is just conforming to the accepted norm right?

• Like 2

Guest Forrest Patrol

I'm not even getting one of these but I know what it's like to buy an expensive piece and then you have wait forever because the makers know you will.

Just be glad that they are not making EpVII ! ! !

Or else it would be called

The Force Is Still In Bed!!!

😴😴😴😴😴😑ðŸ˜ðŸ˜‘😴😴😴😴

I don't understand how it is remotely acceptable to sell a product and then blow people off for a year or 3 years. Make the product and then sell it. If you have such a huge demand make more molds and hire more staff. The profit margin for the helmets must be huge considering material costs and actual work time. If waiting a year or 2 is the norm for this hobby we should really take CB off the problem vendor list at the top of this page. He is just conforming to the accepted norm right?

We've asked all these to EFX Collectibles. You know what their answer was? Take a guess... There was NO answer at all. The EFX cheerleaders accused us of being haters and that we don't understand how prop world works etc. Look in the link in my signature, and you'll see my collection, I own a ton of high end stuff. For quite many of those expensive collectibles I had tp pay in advance, this was for EFX, Gentle Giant, Laws, MonCal, Sideshow, Hot Toys etc.

Sometimes you might be able to get these items when they are ready for sale and thus you wouldn't need a pre-order, but for others unless you pre-order them when available, you are going to miss them (EFX Vader Legend is a very good example but there are others). Heck, EFX and Sideshow even establish edition sizes looking at their pre-orders.

Is this a good way to do business? Definitely NO. Is this the way they are doing it? Yes. Can WE do anything about it? We can let them know we don't agree with this pre-order/delay policy (and most likely be ignored) or we can decide to not order from them anymore. Easy choices. And one more thing. Even if person X or Y won't order from a certain company/producer there will be others that will, no matter the delays or prices.

• Like 1

As with everything in life it is the buyers money for them to do with as they please, so if they are ok with waiting and being lied to it really isn't something I can have a problem with. It stinks when people are new and get excited and start buying from big names without researching them for possible issues. The vendors should just be honest and say " you will get it when we feel like making it". I am going to stick with supporting vendors who actually have products to sell, can take 30 seconds to answer an email with my concerns on where my hundreds of $$ of stuff is and don't lie.

• Like 2