Cummerbund height measurement?

Nicole

Hi everyone -

I'm wondering where the top of the cummerbund should sit on your chest. I don't yet have my flak vest, and I am currently wondering if you should or shouldn't have the white of the cummerbund showing with the chest armor on. I have a cummerbund from about 4 years ago, but I'm going to get a new one made that fits my current measurements better. I feel like my current 'bund is too long for my torso; I'm only about 5'3" and 125 pounds... For women, should the top of the 'bund sit under the breasts? When I find a new vender to order from, I want to get an idea how what length I should give them. Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Hi Nicole,

I just made my wife's bund & hers measure 11" tall. When wearing the bund with the chest plate, the bund should rise about an inch higher than the bottom of the cheast plate. It should come even with the top of side strap holding the front & back armor together.

• Like 2

About time you pick this back up.

Yup, I know I know... When I had my scout completely finished except for the holster back in 2011, the suede and vest wasn't a requirement for approval lol. I had fun going to cons and casually trooping at non official events, so I got busy/lazy and just never got it done... But now I'm back, and I'm thrilled! :)

Also, be sure that your cummerbund doesn't go too low. The bottom edge should ideally sit at the top of your hip, right where your belt should also sit. Don't wanna have 'bund showing below the belt. ;)