Reverse Angle of Leia/Scout encounter

BikerScout007

I found this picture online. This shot did not appear in the film. I've never seen it before so I thought I'd share. And if you have seen it already, this won't be news.

2791201-tumblr_lh7trgnmdo1qc823io1_1280_zpsbpcgbn5n.jpg

A lot of cool details here! Clear shots of the forearm and bicep armor straps. Nice view of how the pouch attaches to the bund. And there seems to be some sort of stitching around the circumference of the flak vest sleeve.

• Like 4

Brilliant picture Mickey.

I've annotated it with a few interesting points.

Most we already know, but it's nice to just be able to point them out.

LeiaSwitch.jpg

We know the shoulder bell strap was a loop just joined in the middle of the bell (on the inside) which is why it's got that 'floating' appearance.

• Like 2

Great pic Mickey! Great clear shot of a bunch of stuff. I dont believe i have personally seen this one!

nice find! This was a promotional still not a screencap. It's a little weird to think that the helmet would have no chin cup. I wonder what happened there...

Im pretty sure, that most of the helmets didnt have the chin cup. If i remember correctly, Lancer now has the chincup optional as it isnt seen on sceen either at all, or very much. The only reason we know it definitely exists is from a screen used helmet in a private collection. At least thats how i remember it, please correct me if im wrong.

• Like 1

Brilliant picture Mickey.

I've annotated it with a few interesting points.

Most we already know, but it's nice to just be able to point them out.

LeiaSwitch.jpg

We know the shoulder bell strap was a loop just joined in the middle of the bell (on the inside) which is why it's got that 'floating' appearance.

So that stitching around the vest sleeve is the shoulder bell strap?

He not only doesn't have a chin cup, he also doesn't have a chin...

Hahah yeah you can't really see it. He could be wearing a chin cup and it's just up in the snout where we can't see it.

the seam on the outer edge of the pouch looks like it's to help the pouch keep a more rigid structure. Basically, once sewn inside out they turned it right-side out and sewed it again.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The chin-cup may still be there just the angle of the helmet might be covering it as evident that you cant see a chin at all. You can clearly see his neck and the angle he is looking, you shouldn't see his chin.

Awesome picture btw.

• Like 1