Any downsides to a fiberglass helmet?

Yes dropping them is a biggie. I never done it but have come close. After putting together my daughters 5 piece abs helmet I see why most people choose plastic over Fiberglass. I have two mc and a cb in fiberglass and love em. Only way I'll change is when I get my hands on a RS props helmet. Durability is what I found to be key.

Yes dropping them is a biggie. I never done it but have come close. After putting together my daughters 5 piece abs helmet I see why most people choose plastic over Fiberglass. I have two mc and a cb in fiberglass and love em. Only way I'll change is when I get my hands on a RS props helmet. Durability is what I found to be key.

I can see how that plays into it. It's an opportunity to get a nice helmet for 3 bills painted. Didn't want to pass it up. On the flip side would FG be easier to repair then plastic? Wonder how much more it will weigh.

I love my MLC fiberglass helmet. I was wearing it when I was exiting a SWAT truck during a photo shoot and banged it on the exit door. If it had been my head it would have been a nasty bump. Not sure how an ABS would have been held up but the FG did it's job and protected my head. It gets a bit heavy after hours of wearing it but I'll take the good with the bad.

• Like 1

I love my MLC fiberglass helmet. I was wearing it when I was exiting a SWAT truck during a photo shoot and banged it on the exit door. If it had been my head it would have been a nasty bump. Not sure how an ABS would have been held up but the FG did it's job and protected my head. It gets a bit heavy after hours of wearing it but I'll take the good with the bad.

Thanks for the insight. I figure also that FG can be etched, redone, repainted and all in case it needs more accuracy. I appreciate all the feedback.