before I cut.... what do you think????

Not that my Google-fu is strong but I found that isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and a paper towel should remove stains from vinyl, the article also said if that doesn't work that a magic eraser and water should be able to do something. But then again reading and doing are two separate things. I've seen a wet black shirt do the same thing to a vinyl tile floor and I didn't bother to try to get it up.

I tried rubbing alcohol but it didn't work. Also tried peroxide and it didnt work either. Going to try magic eraser......if nothing works it might be time to make a new boot.....smh

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I marked out the dogbone in pencil and stitched the stitches before I cut out the dogbone from the vinyl..also found the pivot point for the arc and allowed the sewing machine to turn the vinyl along the arc by holding at said pivot point. Going slow and doing a little bit at a time...lots of try and error too. I would get three lines done and the last would mess up so i started over again

Guest Forrest Patrol

This is me out of my armor....lol

2357_zpsray8vx2k.jpeg

Actually its another costume i have recently finished

Wookieevader's first troop :)

5fde7b04951f87fbec478fd4cfc139a8_zpspyibkilv.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a pair of these Texas Steer boots from Kmart online and had a lovely $6 discount so shipped I'll be getting them for about $19. I'm going to experiment with the pair of boots I already have to see if I can do something close enough to what you did here as inspiration. Any advice on the size of the cuts?

I just took the lines from the existing notches on the bottom of the boot and went straight up from the point where the notch goes flat....idk if that makes sense. You can see the lines in the first set of pics i have where i drew the lines in pencil

• 2 weeks later...

That's a bummer! But again it gives you an excuse to update things! As for my original inquiry the soles are what I am interested about since I am curious about how you cleaned the inside cut areas up!

When In Doubt- Send a Scout!