before I cut.... what do you think????

Did some sewing last couple days

Got the cummerbund almost done. Need to find some 2in white Velcro and sew the front ribs in

IMAG0850_zpshkdehgst.jpg

And the cod piece is done the same way in pandas tutorial. Going to attach the cod to the vest, I think that's how i want to do it

IMAG0846_zpsncls8mat.jpg

IMAG0847_1_zpsmyyxjb8w.jpg

Messed up the sleeve of my vest so i need to get more fabric this weekend and hopefully I will be done with that. Then on to the pouches.

Making some progress today

IMAG0852_zpsdmfynfva.jpg

Found the way i want the riding patches to go and pulled the trigger. Its hard to see being black on black. As soon as my Velcro arrives the last pieces of this build will be on hand and hopefully I can get this approved

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Its right over left Jim, and the velcro position doesn't matter. I did mine with the loop side facing out, and the hook facing in. That way, should there be any exposed, it's going to be the loop side of it.

Check out this screen cap. Its the reverse of this since. They used reverse images a couple of times in ROTJ. This is one of those occasions. You can tell by the position of the rank stripes on the tank and the helmet.

med_gallery_1_3_270353.jpg

Got the bund done.....its way too tall but here is what it looks like. The green pouch is made to the standard size and is just a test pouch..

IMAG0861_zpsimcxqzy0.jpg

The cod isnt attached to anything its just tucked in under the bund so i can adjust as needed before final assembly. The belt is too low so i will have to adjust and rework a new bund as its even with the bottom of bund..

I have the vest done

IMAG0863_zpsuefyzsxr.jpg

Attached cod to the vest

IMAG0864_zpse4b0zrem.jpg

And it clips in the back to the back of the vest with a parachute clip

IMAG0865_zpskebibbya.jpg

Going to suit up and hopefully be ready to hit some trees

• 3 weeks later...

Omg im freaking out. I took my boots out of my tote to take the pics of my suit after all the alterations and i see this.......

20151009_125505_HDR_zps1hwkdnks.jpg

It is from my balaclava being under the boots while being stored.

I tried rubbing alcohol....nope

Tried the shoe paint to cover it up.....nope

Im thinking i have to remake the whole boot unless someone knows how to remove it i really don't want to re make the boot...

Any ideas guys

Slap some dark brown (mud) & tans (dirt) on your boots & call it good. If done right your boots will look weathered & no more worries. Just dont go over board & make a whole brown boot. I used .50 acrylic paints from Walmart on mine. Couple drops of paint mixed with few drops of water & dabbed on with a paper towl & then took off with a damp paper towl. Keep a wet towl next to you in case you put too much on. It being acrylic paint its water soluable & can be taken all off with the wet towl.

• 1 month later...