Kropserkel: Worth It For a Beginner?

skitchie98

Has anyone received a KS helmet within the last several months? I see from their most recent price list their finished helmet from KS is a bit less than the finished SC version, but not sure I'll have time to finish them myself or do any major alterations. Wondering if the SC is worth the extra $ or if the KS, being more accurate, and now having a slightly better pull is a smarter move? Think Im going to go the same route and go KS helmet and SC armor...

My wife got a KS helmet and SC armor and it looks fine. But after all the modifications I think the KS helmet cost more than the SC.

Whoa...good to know Spycee, thanks. So kinda rough huh? I assume those would have been avoided then by just going with the SC...

The KS lets her keep her glasses and her long hair in the helmet, which is more than the SC one can do. I think the KS helmet is better for that. It didn't take a lot of time to be shipped, less than a month, I just specified it was a bit urgent (it was for a gift).

Guest dustblackbikerscout

I'll most likely go with a KS based off what has been said around here and the recommendations made to me. Can't wait to order and get it started.

Just a thought. I started with KS but have modified it and changes parts out. Drop boxes are bigger. I have changed. The grey rectangle on rift chest is a bit small so if you want to go Lancer it will need to be modified. The holster I tossed and us a SC one and that is the boxes I bought. My Bucket is a CB. I couldn't get the KS bucket to align and so it didn't take the pressure. Back tank was harder to attach to back plate than SC. I have helped build two other SC at so I have experience with both. If I would do it again I would go SC. Just my thoughts

• Like 1

I too started with a total KS kit (armor and helmet).

Since that time, I have swapped out the inaccurate armor parts (bells, boxes, etc) with SC or Chef parts. The chest/back and belt along with the knees and biceps are all that remain (as KS). The KS helmet was replaced with an MLCv3 (fiberglass) too. The boot holster (way too big as KS) was replaced with an SC.

So, as Matt mentioned, if I had a reset button...SC for armor and I'd go Altmann for a helmet (SC too small, MLC too narrow, KS well you know, CB ditto/delays). :)

alifetroopers169_zps678113b9.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Found this while researching KS helmet as it will be my first one as well! Thanks for all the fantastic information everyone. I just had a quick question (assuming this post isn't completely dead considering its age) about sizing on KS armor. I have a very slim build but I am 6'4'. I thought I had read on another post that KS was better if you were taller or heavier. Is this still true? Or would it be better to go with more accurate but slightly smaller armor? Would the KS helmet kit still be a good choice regardless?

Found this while researching KS helmet as it will be my first one as well! Thanks for all the fantastic information everyone. I just had a quick question (assuming this post isn't completely dead considering its age) about sizing on KS armor. I have a very slim build but I am 6'4'. I thought I had read on another post that KS was better if you were taller or heavier. Is this still true? Or would it be better to go with more accurate but slightly smaller armor? Would the KS helmet kit still be a good choice regardless?

Read my post above (from May 2015). :)

• Like 1