Larger helmets?

Thanks, Isaac!

Dang. There's a significant difference.

The Altmann's definitely looks better on ya. I think it's the way the cheek is sculpted, since it doesn't seem a lot taller. Great lid, brother.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have one more helmet to add to the comparison. I came across a recent CB helmet so here we have Altmanns, CB, and KS.

688043B7-70A3-4D00-B696-7F145A9CFC2A_zpswa4sejoa.jpg

Altmanns (left) CB (center) KS (right)6B27BE2A-C892-49E6-9EB3-AF116ED3476B_zpsawh7fwmd.jpg

Altmanns left, CB right0EE7CCC0-ABE0-44B5-BE96-76E98CDA28CC_zpslj4gmbiw.jpg

CB left KS right8C93BF9C-E5BA-49FB-879C-00900B81EF3A_zpside6vnok.jpgE3658338-E04B-46EB-8810-4C1B0E37FED6_zpsmrsiqqsw.jpg

KS left CB middle ALTMANNS right

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I definitely need to see about finding a altmanns helmet as the KS one I have is rather tight on my Huge dome of a head I pretty much and touching the front and back with no padding. Pretty much seems my head is to big to fit into most stuff lol

I'll add this. They both have more room inside. The CB is taller as well. If I put on the Altmanns, my beard hair shows under the snout area.

It doesn't happen on the CB.

Hope that helps for personal reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might use my KS helmet to get approved and then upgrade as I would like to see one of those helmet in person before I spent the money on one. Maybe yours sometime if you don't mind as we are both in AZ lol

Im in tucson but I do frequent up to Scottsdale area fairly often. Ironically I was there this morning to buy a cheap KS helmet at is fits me better the the SC one I have which is a start for me

Yes, the KS is a great helmet. I would get approved with the KS and wear it for awhile and see how it feels trooping.

The scout helmets aren't supposed to be huge on your head. Sleek and streamlined.

• 1 month later...

I've been trooping with the CB helmet and I've got the same observations most do.

CB:

• Heavy. I have the accurate bolts and headband in the CB and shaking my head back and forth makes the helmet sway. It's physics I get it. The Altmanns doesn't sway as much though.
  • Prone to cracking for no reason. It's just the gel coating over the fiberglass so the helmet integrity is fine.
  • Looks like a bobble head on most people (I'm 240lbs so it matches the rest of my frame).
  • Larger all around on the inside.

Altmanns:

• Taller than the CB.
  • The construction is solid on the Altmann.
  • The lens distorts your vision. I'll probably swap out the lens eventually.
  • ABS is light and you can't really feel it on your head. (I'm coming from a TK/TI background mind you).

If I had to choose one. I'd go Altmann because it's going to last longer trooping and its more comfortable. It sounds like I'm being harsh on Christian's helmet and I don't intend to be. I love them both and usually grab the CB when I head out on troops.

If I was trooping at a LFL sponsored event, I'd grab the Altmann though. I personally think it looks more accurate and the lines match up better with my SC armor. The CB has super sharp lines and almost looks too sharp to match the rest of the armor if that makes sense.

I also need to preface that my Altmann has the ears cut out, blacked out inside, and trooperbay decals. Because I'm not a "collector" I changed those parts/decals.

• Like 1

I also need to preface that my Altmann has the ears cut out, blacked out inside, and trooperbay decals. Because I'm not a "collector" I changed those parts/decals. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same with mine, plus added 3M bolt covers. It's a marvelous helmet.

• Like 1