Suede Leather Squares 12x12

uscstaylor

Hey Gang

I just wanted to share this with you all. I ordered this for my undersuit. it's the material for the riding patches and man this stuff is gorgeous suede leather. You definitely cant beet the price. She has a couple of different sizes as well!

https://www.etsy.com...p_home_active_1

• Like 2

how many did you need for the butt flap and the riding patches? I need some for my build.

My guess is at that size, probably 3. Which is still cheap as heck

If your doing at home, that weight is too thick for a regular sewing machine. It can be done, but be prepared to have seral HD 16g needs on hand. You will have to go EXTREMLY SLOW & I MEAN SLOW, still you will break needles. Think I broke 4 on my 1st suit with 3.5oz suede. I now use 1.5-2oz pig suede on all my suits. Much easier to pin in place & a whole lot easier to work with. You can find large pieces on ebay for around $20. I bought some last week (apx 5sq feet for $25)

• Like 1

Yeah its 1.4 and it looks and feels great! Going slow is a must. I'm using the Bond Glue Paper to hold it in place while I sew it. I wish I could find someone on this site that does undersuits. I'd gladly pay for one just to have an extra on hand!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah its 1.4 and it looks and feels great! Going slow is a must. I'm using the Bond Glue Paper to hold it in place while I sew it. I wish I could find someone on this site that does undersuits. I'd gladly pay for one just to have an extra on hand!

I glued mine too. I had a hard time getting pins through old motorcycle chaps.

Thanks for that link, much appreciated!

I find when sewing leather that spray adhesive is your friend. It keeps the piece in place just enough so you can skip the pins and run your stitch with precision.

• Like 1