Stasz' WIP

stasz

I had a major sleeve bunching issue that Chef helped me sort out by describing taking in the sleeves. The inset pic is "before". Thanks again for the great tip, Chef!

2015-03-10%2022.05.06.jpg

Once I got that buttoned up, I got at my belt which had been confounding me. I was really nervous going at the buckle slits with a blade. Couldn't find a comfortable way to get in there, so I drilled a bunch of small holes around the perimeter of the indent, and then connected the dots and cleaned it up with an oval half round file and 220.

20150310_193700.jpg

How does this tank topper placement look? I measured the tank at 7.5", and centered the greeb, but I wasn't 100% on the distance from the back (flat) edge of the tank.

20150310_204231.jpg

Hey, there handsome fella...

20150310_211344-1.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks everybody!

Getting a little closer every day. Gonna try to finish up the belt tonight/tomorrow. That pesky job keeps getting in the way of things.

It looks nice! Oh the memories.. :-)

But (there's always one) I think you will run into an issue with your bund. If you place your belt to cover the bottom of the bund, it will probably sit way to low. Hitch it up, and you'll have the bund in your armpits.

Luckily it's an easy fix once you have the belt. Just position the belt where you want it, hitch up the bund, and mark where the top of your chest plate straps are. Then cut off the bund there, but leave 1" or so of it. Remove the batting on the inside. Fold the fabric over and sew it shut again.

Sounds like a lot of work, but with a sewing machine it will take you less than an hour to complete.

Wait until you have the belt for this though.

Skickat från min LG-D802 via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up, South!

I was a little concerned with the bund length in the last pic, but I actually had it pulled down to just barely under the lip of the chest plate because I noticed it peeking out above the chest/back straps. I'm 6', and all torso, so even with it tugged down a bit, the bottom was still a good 1.5" above my hips. Some fine tuning might get me there once I can gauge it off the belt.

If not, tweaking the bund doesn't sound like much of an

issue. Thanks for the instruction, brother!

• Like 1

Your suit is coming together great man! ..and that helmet looks really nice ;)

Also..i have been thinking about making foaqmboard boxes like that for my pouches and have been lazy about it...but you just motivated me to get on it lol

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up, South!

I was a little concerned with the bund length in the last pic, but I actually had it pulled down to just barely under the lip of the chest plate because I noticed it peeking out above the chest/back straps. I'm 6', and all torso, so even with it tugged down a bit, the bottom was still a good 1.5" above my hips. Some fine tuning might get me there once I can gauge it off the belt.

If not, tweaking the bund doesn't sound like much of an

issue. Thanks for the instruction, brother!

No problems. I remembered now one thing I did before cutting. Sew a line first straight over the top, then cut. It will keep the batting in place, and the stitches for the raised stomach-bumps will not go up. Then cut, remove the 1" of extra batting, fold, sew shut. I folded the edges inwards in order to not get a frayed edge.

If I remember correctly, my bund is something like 32cm high, and I'm also 6ft.

While you're at it, add two 2-3" pieces of hook velcro to the top of the bund in the front, and two in the back. Then you put corresponding pieces on your vest. No more sagging bund! :-)

EDIT: Go Rangers...

• Like 1

Thanks Lou! You are truly the man. I love that lid. Sometimes I put it on when I'm just chilling :)

South, a Rangers fan, eh? Well, that's better than Houston at least ;) and thanks for the Velcro tip! Looks like another trip to ol' JoAnn's for this guy.

• Like 1

I had to take a couple days off from my build, as it was my birthday/St. Patty's festivities. Now that I've sufficient recuperation, I was able to take care of a couple things:

Thermal Det assembled.20150316_185002.jpg

I used jello shot cups that just happened to be about to secure the endcaps.

My blaster showed up today from Hole in the Ground Productions. I'm very happy with it. Looks great, practically no air bubbles, crisp lines. Here's the raw blaster. I've since applied primer and a coat of metallic aluminum before the matte black.

20150316_164056.jpg

Also got my holster on, tank greebs gluing, and thigh boxes trimmed up. Productive day!

• Like 3

This is coming together very well. I have solid backing in my pouches as well. It is a great place to put your voice amp and no one knows where the voice is coming from. As well as your keys, phone and wallet.

• Like 1

Thanks so much, Jim!

I've got the pedal to the metal this week. Really want to button everything up and get my pre-approval pics up here for some critique. ...ithinkicanithinkicanithinkican...

Speaking of HTG, I got my blaster painted.

20150317_192009.jpg

I was going to knock it around a bit to get the metallic aluminum to show up and give it some history, but i decided to let it happen naturally.

• Like 1

Just got tanked!

20150318_170029.jpg

I'm getting ready to put on my rank bars and pinstripe, but the SC kit has these 5 smaller bars. I'm thinking for the holster even though they don't really go on the holster?

2015-03-18%2016.59.07.jpg

• Like 1

I'm very happy with it. Shoot me a pm if you want details.

Word on the street is that our own Darth Voorhees makes a splendid sidearm as well!

• Like 1

Thanks for the plug guys :) (PS you can paint the DVH blasters with black acrylic and spray krylon acrylic matte finish on em and they look even better!)

Your build is movin along quickly bro, and looking great!

• Like 1

I decided to do snaps ala Panda's tutorial for the drop box straps. Here, I've glued and clamped the snap plates. I'll probably do rivets to connect the box straps to the back of the belt behind the det, but I'm seriously thinking about doing snaps for the strap connections inside the thigh boxes as well. Any pros or cons with this method?

Honestly, I'm getting burned out on stitching Velcro and just wanted to try something different :)

20150319_164900.jpg