Another DC-15x Scratchbuild!

marktoots

• 3 months later...

I think I had that same airsoft scope on mine for a while. I found one at a military surplus store that had been naturally weathered (black scratched off the surface) to replace it with. I like the look of the bigger one though.

That's a great looking barrel. Is it much heavier than the wood body? I bought a real MG42 flash hider, but decided against replacing my handmade one because of the weight. My barrel is styrene shroud with pvc down the middle. A steel flash hider would add a lot of weight to that.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well this is proving to be a long build as I keep losing interest for a bit then getting excited about it again! But I have made some good progress in the last couple of weeks and here are the results: (I ran out of matt black spray paint which is why its two tone!)

SAM_1733_zpsct1rasrt.jpg

SAM_1732_zpsxtjapjdm.jpg

SAM_1735_zpsozlslqry.jpg

Oh, and I am calling her "The Beast" :) Do you think it'll be going too far to paint ewok heads on the side with red crosses through them!?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...