TheIsaac's WIP Thread

The boots aren't as hard as they seem, they just take a little time.

But seriously, if you build to Lancer spec, then submit for it, please. I promise the experience isn't as harrowing as it is elsewhere.

• Like 2

I'll be finishing off the belt today. Is there a specific way the parachute clips on the sides of the thigh boxes face? I hope this makes sense: On the clips there is a single loop on one side and a thread loop with locking "teeth" on the other.

Does lancer require these to have one or the other facing a specific direction?

Thanks,

Isaac

Guest Mikhailov

Yes, from what I've seen, the straps thread through the buckles (so the buckles are non-functional) and they are reversed on the other side, IIRC. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

• 1 month later...

I undercut the slots on the buckle a bit on either side, a little longer than the top. If that makes sense :)

20150310_193700.jpg

I also used snaps and snap plates to attach the "front" belt piece (from buckle to thigh box) and then from The thigh box to the back nylon belt webbing, instead of running the whole belt straight through the thigh boxes.

20150328_231910.jpg

I couldn't get the boxes to lay nice with the belt running through them. I only used snaps because I had them and I was burned out on sewing Velcro by hand. But they worked out well.

That sounds like what mine were doing when I had the straps running through the boxes. They were sort of "floating". That's why I cut it into two pieces and joined inside the box.

I know some of the guys (griffin?) have said they run theirs right through. I also remember seeing someone added some weight inside the box to help keep it down and sit more realistically.

I remember seeing something like that as well, but always took it as the plastic part. "One piece or made to look like one piece" - something like that.

Here's the deal. The plastic parts of the belt should look "one-piece". The SC belt comes in 3 pieces, so you glue or attach the 2 smaller parts to make it looks "one-piece". The KS belt comes as a one-piece design (like mine). From that point, you attach the nylon webbing at the back with (1) single rivet on each side. Then, you add the drop boxes and corresponding webbing for them. I chose a 1.5" cotton webbing for mine and used one single piece that weaves between the front, strap locks, and boxes. It then attaches in the back (I use Velcro), similar to the on-screen scouts. Hope that makes sense... :)

IMG_4529_zpskaqhtwgx.jpg

IMG_4533_zpsja9h8u9r.jpg

IMG_4537_zpsy9h0qdhg.jpg

• Like 3