Snout Greeblie and one more question

stasz

I'm ordering my KS bucket shortly, with the understanding I'll have to swap the snout greeblie.

I'm having trouble sourcing an accurate one. DJD is out of stock on them currently.

In looking, I found some 3D printing files for this bit, and there are a couple places in my community that offer access to a 3D printer (Not sure the cost yet tho). The digital images of the greeblie look spot on.

Has anyone gone this route?

Also, has anyone used a hardhat type suspension in their bucket? It looks like the LW has something like that but I couldn't tell for sure.

I got mine from MonCal fairly cheap for my KS. Get a hold of him and he can help you.

As far as the inside, I got some MICH pads for military helmets off eBay. They come in different sizes, are removable and can be placed wherever you need for comfort and support.

I had a KS and I literally pulled it off. They use an adhesive similar to E-6000, so if you are careful, it will come off without too much effort. They also use a decal for the gray area under the snout. That'll make it even easier.

• 3 weeks later...

Its just a sticker. The little black greeblie is attached on top of the sticker, so just take off the sticker and good to go. I ordered a snout greeblie from Darth Voorhees and received it fast. Then, I painted it and also painted in the black area on the helmet, and looks way better than that crappy sticker they supply from KS.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Sounds pretty simple!

I just ordered my SC armor, and am ordering my lid in a couple weeks. Already have a snout coming from DVH so I'll be ready when the KS shows up.