Hardshell Suitcase Recommendations

Musicaljedi

I am looking for suggestions for a hardshell suitcase to take my armor with to Celebration Anaheim. I have a 45gallon storage locker on wheels, but am not really happy with it. It was cheap at Walmart, and I definitely wouldn't trust it on an airplane. I'm thinking a nice hardshell suitcase would be the way to go for me, with the helmet in a motorcycle helmet bag as a carry-on. Anyone use one of these and have a size recommendation? Will a 24" fit everything minus the helmet? Should I step up to the 28"? Thanks in advance!

I have one that I use the exact same way for troops. I keep the helmet in a shoei motorcylce bag and the armor/boots in the small hard suitcase. Ill get a pic of it and post so you can see the size.

As a personal rule i never bring my gear on the plane lol. I just dont trust them, ESPECIALLKY if you need to switch planes mid trip. I always ship my costume to my hotel, and then back home.

That said, many folks DO take their armor on planes with no issues. I have a tote that is actually airline approved, and i know quite a few folks that have used them on the airlines with no issues.

it is this one:

http://www.container...campaign=google

Not a suitcase, but it holds everything very well and stads up to quite a bit of abuse. I have had 2 hardshell suitcases and both of them broke after just one flight. Granted they werent $600 luggage, but it made me weary of hardshell cases with armor on an airplane.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up picking up the case from the Container Store. Just a little bit of room at the top, but may need to play with the order of how I pack things. Ended up laying the boots down on the bottom, and working my way up from there. Will definitely add some cushioning for Celebration! Thanks for the suggestions!

3EBA5408-755A-4D43-BFDD-BB2D9B9C0C8D.jpg

0A3EBC7E-E1D7-492C-90CA-8FD8F5F3DF6C.jpg

5523DDE0-6B03-4F57-AC9B-F21C361991A6_1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As a personal rule i never bring my gear on the plane lol. I just dont trust them, ESPECIALLKY if you need to switch planes mid trip. I always ship my costume to my hotel, and then back home.

How do you pack yours for shipment, and what carrier do you prefer?

Great tip on the Container Store chest. Thanks! I picked one up too based on your suggestion. When I finish my TB build I want to line the container with foam and add a handle to the side, since it's wheeled on one end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk