Re-Design of Softpart due to ne "source book" neccessary?

Fluffy Fuzzball

• 1 month later...

How about the blaster holster on left boot? On the book picture there is holes on right boot, for the holster there, and on the other, there is a left side holster with the blaster in. It seems that tehy actually made a left side holster for teh blaster, instead of just putting the holster as it is, on the other leg.

And, the picture is not reversed, the blaster and chest armour shows that.

I do not know if this has been talked over, just began to make my own Scout Trooper costume.

How about the blaster holster on left boot? On the book picture there is holes on right boot, for the holster there, and on the other, there is a left side holster with the blaster in. It seems that tehy actually made a left side holster for teh blaster, instead of just putting the holster as it is, on the other leg.

And, the picture is not reversed, the blaster and chest armour shows that.

I do not know if this has been talked over, just began to make my own Scout Trooper costume.

Okay, been asked before but here's the answer. The holster fell off and was placed on the left side for the Blu-ray (and the book). That's it, move on...:)

• Like 1

What about the neck seal...they said that some of the scouts had them and some didn't. The scout in the book has one and I really like the way it looks on the scout. Is it possible to wear one?

If you look at it, it's not like the neck seals that the TK's wear, in that any ribbing is very loose, unlike the tightly sewn ribs in the TK neckseal. If anything, it has the effect of a turtleneck that's been pushed down.

The only thing that I'm doing differently after getting the book, is to look for the correct material for the cummerbund and flak vest. In the book, they're described as being made from "polished cotton", so I've been trying to hunt some down. From everything I've found so far, it seems as though they used a heavyweight polished cotton, so you'd get the sheen but you also get the visible weave pattern. And since Gino confirmed that the flak vest and 'bund appear to be made from the same material, it stands to reason they used a heavyweight polished cotton for both, but the black material was dyed (as all materials were for ROTJ).

Now, back in the 80's it was a popular material, not so much nowadays. Apparently, it's making a bit of a comeback, so I'm hopeful I can get my hands on some and build a vest like in the book.