3M bolts on the MLC

Ketchup

I got some 3M bolts from KW Designs for my MLC lid, per Lancer spec, but there's a couple of problems...

1) The bolt shank isn't anywhere near long enough to be functional (pictured alongside the bolt that came with the MLC)

D3EC6998-A35E-400F-9329-FC94CA5B54E8.jpg

2) The square piece that protrudes from the bolt cover prevents it from sitting flush on the side of the lid

D057294A-A997-4DF9-BA13-04DBCC9769DB.jpg

Which leads me to my question... Can I just cut the bolt cover off and use it instead of using the bolt as-is (which is basically impossible)?

I dont know if it meets Lancer requirements, but just as a show piece I just cut the tops off the 3M bolts and hot glued them to the screws that were sent with my MLC and it works and looks good........but like I said, not sure if it meets Lancer requirements

I dont know if it meets Lancer requirements, but just as a show piece I just cut the tops off the 3M bolts and hot glued them to the screws that were sent with my MLC and it works and looks good........but like I said, not sure if it meets Lancer requirements

That would be ok for Lancer.

• Like 1

They sell elevator bolts at Lowe's. I get mine there and all you need to do is paint them.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_137972-37672-881003_0__?productId=3722660&Ntt=elevator+bolts&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Delevator%2Bbolts&facetInfo=

And, that's exactly what I did on my MLC3.

5306_10201889985636266_1318691012_n_zps83224dff.jpg

Did you have to carve out the fiberglass any to get the bolts to sit right? Or did they fit just fine once you cut the covers off and attached them as-is?

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Much obliged!

Not being critical but none of them seem to sit flush and recessed ( which is an issue for me on my SC as well). Is that ok? Based on some of the conversations around screen accuracy I would think that would be an issue.

The problem with the SC helmet is is there isn't really a recess or indent for them. To get them flush you almost have to heat and push in on the visor which I am not willing to experiment with cause I don't want to mess it up. Of you do get the indent correct it just means it will force that piece out from the the faceplate . I figured they would fit flusher on the MLC but if it is the norm than I'm not gonna worry about it

Fantastic, thanks spookymufu :)

I'll grind down the fiberglass a bit to make it sit more flush. Even the screen lids weren't perfectly flush, but I'd like to get it closer than it is at present.