Painting rubber Blaster

CeeJay

Those blaster made of rubber are really great because of the weight. But you can see that it's made of rubber. Is it possible to paint it to look "real"? If so, how? I think for painting it's a bad material, hope i'm wrong ^_^

DONT use standard oil based enamel. it will stay sticky! I am actually going to try an acrylic enamel and see how that holds up. Otheriwise id bet standard hobby acrylics will work. Just test it on it somewhere first :)

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe too late. But rubber blaster can painted and will looks real.

I have one, I fix it with bondo, primered and painted with automotive paint.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk

So i tried good ol krylon black primer and it worked perfectly fine. I tried plasticote, and no bueno. lol It rubbed right off and also put a texture on it that wasnt desired (i spent hours trying to get everything smooth on the master lol)

I know on my animated clone pistols from Steel blitz I primed them using an auto primer, then gave it an acrylic coat of aluminum and then and acrylic coat of flat black. Lightly sanded in certain spots to weather..and it's been fine for over 2 years

• Like 1

I just received my DHV rubber blaster today. I use Plasti-Dip spray paint for my foam costumes. It puts a rubber coating on anything you spray....so now I have rubber on rubber coating that will flex with the blaster. post-79337-142230609495_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That looks great! I must have had a defective can...or perhaps it was too cold.

Thats a great alternative to standard paint. I did use regualr Kryloin primer and it worked out fine. Its not THAT flexy of a blaster so it seems to be holding up well so far.

Thanks for posting that though, im going to add it to my sale thread :)