Has anyone recieved their EFX bucket yet?

gah that is the hardest decision I had to make was to get weathered or not weathered... I wish I could afford both lol

Atm I can't afford it either. It's a long term project. Needed 6 years to get my first rig wearable and it didn't really look good until last summer....

So...

Atm I can't afford it either. It's a long term project. Needed 6 years to get my first rig wearable and it didn't really look good until last summer....

So...

six years? oh man I hope mine won't take nearly that long :shok: . I must say I have looked through through your gallery and your costume is very spot on! It looks like you have Mon Cal which is what I ordered and although I haven't received it yet I can tell it is very screen accurate. Great costume man!

• Like 1

Having changed my delivery dietails I got an email confirmation of my reseller with a corrected shipping date.

I don't know if this is an older state or current state of affairs but it says my helmet is planned to ship in the first half of february.

I hope that's a final.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!!!!

I blame the Chinese New Year. LOL - Looks like the wait continues... :((

efx_collectibles.jpg

March 25, 2015

Dear Matt:

Order No.: 108 - - -

First, I would like to thank you for your patience on the release of our Biker Scout helmet.

We have run into a manufacturing issue, which is causing this delay. As many of you know, the facemask was never intended to be a feature to be used in the filming of ROTJ. According to Nilos Rodis-Jamero, it was only as a convenience to the actors so that when they wanted to take a break, they did not have to remove their helmets. So, the proper engineering was not necessary to accommodate this feature for the actors.

After extensive reliability testing of opening and closing the face mask many times, the hole begins to become deformed and thus ultimately becomes very loose. This is because the facemask does not lift straight up due to geometry of the sculpt of the facemask and dome, We have established that this is primarily due to the fact that the surfaces are parallel. Thus, the challenge is to resolve this problem, yet not affect the geometry of the original sculpt!

Now that the factory is back from the Chinese New Years holiday and at full capacity, we are working diligently to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. And, we hope to start shipping by Comic Con.

Thanks once again for your patience and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this delay may have caused!

Bryan

That's a real downer for all you chaps that have ordered one.

I do find it quite amazing that they didn't work out that one of the main reasons the lid can open up is because the plastic is flexible!

The slight give in the plastic accounts for any inaccuracies in the shape of the bucket.

Unless the bolts are 100% aligned, (which is unlikely on a screen used plastic helmet) then the fibreglass isn't flexible enough to allow it all to open.

I had this issue on my GRP Buckets.

And the problem being, as soon as you go to work correcting these issues, you end up deviating from 'a screen used shape'.

It'll be interesting to see how they get around this.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well - at least they try to correct issues with the helmet....

...but seriously - this is something to be tested prior to asking for money and go into production.

Now they will never be as accurate as the originals were. Not that they already are. I don't see how they can fix the problem without messing up the shape or something else about the helmet.

Annnnnnd that's why the visor should have been done in ABS, like the screen used helmets were.

So this is effecting both the fiberglass AND the ABS visors??? - rhetorical question but would love an answer. :P

~ Grendel_Blitz \m/

I was just wondering how those eFX helmets turned out...what?! This tread started with 'maybe late Nov' and still nothing has been shipped? Will the RS props helmets be out first then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just wondering how those eFX helmets turned out...what?! This tread started with 'maybe late Nov' and still nothing has been shipped? Will the RS props helmets be out first then?

Still waiting on the eFX buckets. Possible delivery by July.

As for the RS Props helmet, who knows, but anything's possible, ha!

• Like 1

I spoke to Si from RS a couple of weeks ago and they're almost there with their helmet. They are releasing it as built for the movies so it maybe a little too fragile for trooping as it will be 2mm abs.

• Like 1

I spoke to Si from RS a couple of weeks ago and they're almost there with their helmet. They are releasing it as built for the movies so it maybe a little too fragile for trooping as it will be 2mm abs.

Last week, I was poking around online to find out about RS Scout production updates, pricing, etc...

I did not want to start another topic here in asking but are there any threads here with info?

Otherwsie, please message me with any details. Thanks! \m/

• 1 month later...

This being late is such a pity, since I wanted to apply for membership at 501st in Germany and to join Star Wars Legoland Germany Event on first weekend of June, 2015 as my first trooping. My costume is almost complete now and only the bucket is missing.

Of course I hoped to get delivery in time when I ordered in December 2014.

Now it seems that I can't take part as active Scout member but as guest photographer only :(

I hope efx will find/found a solution for these technical problems and will deliver stable and full quality helmets (which I indeed expect at that pricing level)

regards from Germany to all Scouts and thanks a lot for your advices and WiPs which helped me a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered July 7th last year...they still have some time left to avoid the embaressment reaching the one year mark. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, problems with the visor and pivot/side bolt points ,Altmanns worked this out in 1997. I wonder if Don Post had this same problem years ago with their fibreglass scout.

• Like 1

Hmmm, problems with the visor and pivot/side bolt points ,Altmanns worked this out in 1997. I wonder if Don Post had this same problem years ago with their fibreglass scout.

My Altmanns visor only raises a couple of inches and goes no further without breaking the pivots, so it does appear at least some didn't get it right.

• 1 month later...

Seems a newsletter was sent to the people who pre-ordere directly from EFX:

"We just wanted give you an update on the Biker Scout helmets. As we had told many of you, we have resolved the problem with the pivot pin that I had described in our last update. We were really relieved that to resolve the problem we did not have to make any concessions on the geometry of the original helmet!

As you can see in the pictures below, we are in full production of the helmets. We are working closely with the factory to complete these as soon as possible.

biker_scout_1a_1.jpg biker_scout_2_1.jpg

Barring any further "unexpected challenges" we are anticipating to be able to start to ship soon!

Thanks for your continued patience and really appreciate your understanding!

Bryan"

• Like 3

I cannot understand it as said earlier but I appreciate it. Guess I have mine this xmas then.

At least we have confirmation now.

• 4 weeks later...

At least I got the chance to lend a helmet from a friend just for taking a "complete" picture of me at Star Wars days at Legoland Germany in June, where I joined another time only as photographer - now I hope to receive my efx in time for Episode 7

IMG_7516.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well it's 2016 now, maybe we will get the helmet this year?

LOL. Who the heck knows... I am also waiting for the RS "Dickey" Scout which has been delayed much longer than expected.

It's been so long for either to deliver that I actually forget about them until a new message is sent out. :P:D

Finger's crossed that we get the eFX this year but who knows...

\m/

• 1 month later...

::::::::::: eFX Scout Trooper Helmet UPDATE:::::::::::::

Looks like it will still be awhile... but at least they are giving many of us a FREE ANH Darth Vader Precision Cast Helmet.

That is generous.

I gotta laugh because they mentioned a delay in construction due to The Chinese New Year last year as well. DOH!!

~ Grendel_Blitz \m/

---------------------------------------------------

Item: Scout Trooper Helmet - Limited Edition (Full Payment)

Order No.: ---------

Dear Matt:

First of all, I would like to apologize for all of the unexpected delays in this project. This project has had issues that were more challenging than usual or could have anticipated.

We also apologize for not communicating any updates recently. We ran into a significant issue and have been working hard to resolve it as quickly as possible. The factory that we were using for this project has gone out of business and we had to find another factory to take over this project. Fortunately, one of our other factories has agreed to take on this project and most importantly, they have produced a couple of our helmets before. Also, we do not have to start the development over. We were able to retrieve all of our master patterns and other development samples. So, the new factory will start to cast their sample helmets for our approval once they return from the Chinese New Years holiday. As soon as we have a confirmed new schedule, we will let you know!

Please note that the Biker Scout helmets will not be available for pre-order on our website until we have a more definitive production schedule.

Now, that brings us to you! Our loyal customers who had placed a pre-order for this helmet and have been waiting patiently.

As a special thank you for your patience and understanding, we will include one of our new Precision Cast Replica (PCR) Star Wars: A New Hope Darth Vader Helmet (SKU: 01141029) with your order at no charge to you! We will even pay for the shipping of the Vader helmet to you! (For our international customers, this does NOT include any duties and taxes levied by your country. This will remain your responsibility)

If you have not seen our new Darth Vader helmet, check it out HERE. We are really excited about this helmet, and especially for those who missed out on our Limited Edition Darth Vader helmets we made several years ago as it the master patterns were cast from the same Rick Baker molds.

Here are a few, very simple, terms and conditions:

1.This offer only applies to customers who ordered direct online on our EFXCollectibles.com website.

2.This offer applies to all customers whether you paid in full or just placed a deposit. The pre-order must have been placed BEFORE February 6, 2016

3.This offer only applies to our ANH Darth Vader helmet – Precision Cast Replica, SKU 01141029

4.Only 1 Vader helmet per customer regardless of how many Biker Scout helmets you pre-ordered.

5.No substitutions will be allowed (even of equivalent value) and cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.

6.Cannot be substituted for credit or cash towards your Biker Scout helmet purchase price.

7.Once you accept this offer and your Vader helmet has been shipped to you, no cancellations/refunds of your payment or pre-order deposit for your Biker Scout helmet will be allowed.

8.The customers who paid in full will receive their Vader helmets when they are in stock, which anticipated to be April/May.

9.Customers who paid a deposit with their pre-order, will receive their Vader helmet after your Biker Scout helmet is paid in full.

10. For our international customers, we will pay for the shipping of the Vader helmet, but you will be responsible for any duties or taxes levied by your country.

11. Only exchanges for warranty issues with your Biker Scout helmet will be allowed. There will be no refunds.

If you have any questions in regards to your pre-order for the Biker Scout helmet, please e-mail us at BikerScout@EFXCollectibles.com

Also, please note, if you placed several different -pre-orders, you will only receive 1 e-mail with the order information of the order that was placed first, as this e-mail program deletes duplicate e-mails, so do not worry!

Thanks and once again for your continued support and we appreciate your patience and understanding. We also apologize for any inconvenience (and frustration) this may have caused!

Bryan

• Like 1