My Scout Trooper (Biker Scout) life-size display/costume

gino

Thanks Gino, great clarity!

Yes, my suspicions were correct that the sleeves are raglan cut, like you mentioned like a baseball T shirt!

And holy crap - yes, bund clarity too!! This is awesome.

One more question. Can you confirm that the suit and bund details you've described are on all the screen used costumes, and not just the museum / exhibit / blue ray version? There's a lot of contention of "which one was correct" as the museum versions seem to have odd fixes and even updated bits due to damage over time, compared to the screen used which we cannot see all the details on in screen shots.

I know these are minor details to some, but theres some scouts that have been looking for details like this for years!!

Thanks for sharing Gino!

• Like 3

You are a lucky guy Gino. The possibility to have original armor molds, costume patterns and archives. Really a dream.

Thanks for show this detailed pics and give some details about the original costume. Will help a lot!!!

• Like 1

No prob guys! And yeah Terry they were all like that.

There are a few off-the-shelf items that I'd like to post to see if anyone can find.

Just give me a few days and I'll post a thread with some pics.

• Like 3

Looks neat...

No doubt there are a million questions about this that we can ask.

I like how the belt has the same vac form webs between the centre and 2nd boxes. I managed to achieve these on my belt too, but took them out because people would complain about them when it came to clearance.

I've a stack of question about the buck for the belt, but I doubt you can share that info, so I won't ask.

Things that you may be able to clear up.

Strapping sizes. such as shoulders, biceps, forearms, belt, knees, drop boxes, thighs etc.

Pouch sizes, and whilst these would be great, should probably not be definitive because everyone is different and they should be scaled to the individual. But at least it would give us a definitive 'scale' to work to.

interesting about the bund... curious as to how the lower part attached to the flak vest? Must be a very large bit!

Anyway, I could go on for hours...

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Yeah it was obvious in some pics that the bund would hang out over the belt. Now I know why! Again, I feel less like a crazy person!

• Like 2

interesting about the bund... curious as to how the lower part attached to the flak vest? Must be a very large bit!

Or the vests are more like shirts than the half shirts that a lot of us use....

• Like 1

I suspect that makers of our current 501st costume vests made them shorter half-shirts just to reduce overheating from another layer of clothing in the costume. In film, it matters but not as much.

This info has gotten me jazzed. I'm going to do some concept drawing breakdowns of the costume, now that we know more!

• Like 3

I suspect that makers of our current 501st costume vests made them shorter half-shirts just to reduce overheating from another layer of clothing in the costume. In film, it matters but not as much.

This info has gotten me jazzed. I'm going to do some concept drawing breakdowns of the costume, now that we know more!

Oh totally! I get we were all working from not-so-complete info. And yes, I will be doing the same this weekend. The cummerbund has always bothered me and this has helped so much.

I checked movie pics and really bund and cod are separated. Difficult to see this important detail.

I have a idea to how must be. I'll make one and I'll post some pics.

And I'm finishing my chest armor and Gino pics help. I'll make some improvements.

It was the prototype pic that got me thinking about the bund and codpiece being separate. The separation is very obvious here

scout-front-chronicles-adj.jpg

That separation is probably a shadow instead of black costume.

My only little niggle is the shape of the cod. In the full-sized and the image above, the cod isn't triangular, but (geometrically) 2 different shapes with a corner at the boomerang seam.

If you look at screen caps (blu-ray or otherwise), this isn't present.

Also, the image above is of the pre-production (straps on the boot are a dead give away).

Seeing as I'm re-doing them anyway, I'm really looking forward to re-designing my bund/vest!

• Like 1

Oh it's definitely a shadow. But that shadow is caused by the fact that the bund and codpiece are separate, which Gino was good enough to confirm for us.

I've been through all the screen caps, trust me. Enough to drive myself nuts. It was nice to hear my suspicions confirmed.

And yes, I know this is a prototype. I even noted that in my post!

• Like 3

Hey guys I post my biker scout found part search list over in the Biker Scout HQ section.

Head over and take a look.

Prepare to have your minds blown a bit. :)

Also, let me know if there is a better place to post that thread for the greatest visibility.

Here's the link:

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=12492

• Like 2

That is actually a gap between the bund and the belt. The black you are seeing in the gap is the flack vest.

Once again, you made my day, Gino! Looks like we're gonna need a bigger flak vest!

Strapping sizes. such as shoulders, biceps, forearms, belt, knees, drop boxes, thighs etc.

I'm also interested. My biggest question related to the above quote is:

Is the drop box webbing the same as the webbing connecting the bottom of the chest/back pieces? To me, it looks exactly the same, but I know the question's been raised before without a really solid answer.

Thanks again for posting this info up. To say that the past week's worth of information hasn't changed things is an understatement. :D

• Like 1