My Scout Trooper (Biker Scout) life-size display/costume

gino

Hey guys, check out my life-size Scout Trooper (Biker Scout).

It's all taken from original molds/armor/patterns.

The off the shelf boots are not the correct model (for the time being) but plan to switch them out over time.

I don't get to finish many props/costumes for myself these days, so it was cool to actually see something like this come together.

Photoshop background, sadly no redwoods near where I live for the time being.

And if you haven't liked my FB page yet, go do it now you rebel scum! :)

https://www.facebook.com/starwarslifesized

scout_endor_1.jpg

• Like 7

Hey guys, check out my life-size Scout Trooper (Biker Scout).

It's all taken from original molds/armor/patterns.

The off the shelf boots are not the correct model (for the time being) but plan to switch them out over time.

I don't get to finish many props/costumes for myself these days, so it was cool to actually see something like this come together.

Photoshop background, sadly no redwoods near where I live for the time being.

And if you haven't liked my FB page yet, go do it now you rebel scum! :)

https://www.facebook.com/starwarslifesized

scout_endor_1.jpg

Awesome work Gino...really, really nice! I checked them all out...;)

• Like 2

I wanted to post a shot proving that scouts can look like badasses too. ;)

As if we didn't already know.....

Looks really great!

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I'll be posting more pics in a bit.

Also have some new found part items that we're all going to want to search for that I'll post here too unless there is a better section for that that I don't know about.

Also have some new found part items that we're all going to want to search for that I'll post here too unless there is a better section for that that I don't know about.

I eagerly await! Love seeing new details!

I dig the life-sized scout!

As for found parts, the only ones that are not known are some of the parts on the tank topper, some of the bigger thermal detonator greeblie, and the lower (square) part of the bicep T-bit. Any original shots of those from a primary source with good lighting and a scale of reference would be so sweet. :D

That cummerbund is perfect. What's your secret???

Questions for you Gino, if you're allowed to answer it: Since you've probably seen the original costume in the archives (full body?) can you disclose what the under suit is? Is it a one piece or a two piece (since we can't see it in the movie) and is it a standard racing / drivers suit, or coveralls, etc.? What material is it - heavy type cotton, or a racing suit material?

On your life size display you obviously have the accurate thigh suede patches, did the originals have the thigh patches sewn on or were they part of the original manufacturing?

Question on the vest: the padded ribbing sewn onto the sleeves of the vest, do they go right up to the collar (raglan cut) or did the padded sleeves terminate at the shoulder? I personally think it was a raglan sleeve that goes up to the base of the collar but I don't think we've 100% put that to rest.

Question regarding the crotch padding, was it foam or something different in the crotch, below the chevron shaped stitch? I'm convinced there was some kind of thicker material in there, to precent camel-toe bunching, and the way it sits in certain views makes me think there's something other than the quilting in there...

Thanks in advance if you can shed any light on these items!

• Like 2

I'll try to answer what I can, some I can, some I can't so if I avoid a question, it's intentional. :)

Yes I've handled the original costumes/patterns.

The under suit is a one piece bodysuit and is a cotton twill.

The padded ribbing is part of the flak vest and has a very low cut neck line. It is wide enough that you can see the bodysuit neck opening sticking up from it. Only the sleeves are padded. The front chest and back are not. Like a baseball tee.

And the quest for truth on the cummerbund goes on.....

Yeah the bund seems to be the one thing that doesn't get nailed down right around these parts. So we have all kinds of wild conspiracy theories about why the screen bunds looks so much different than the ones that we make ourselves.

Here's a few questions/comments and whatever you can answer would be most appreciated!

1) So it looks like the strap starts from the bottom of the codpiece and snaps to the back of the bund? Just asking because mine is the opposite, the snap is at the bottom of the codpiece and the strap starts from the back.

2) Is there some kind of different batting in the codpiece that keeps it nice and flat like your life-sized models (and the film scouts)? Because a lot of us suffer from the old moose knuckle or else the cotton beneath the chevron just looks wrinkly.

3) This is the one that keeps me up at night: is the bund made of cotton or a synthetic material? Because in some screenshots it appears to have a sheen that makes it look almost like a nylon.

4) And another wild conspiracy theory: on some of the prototype scouts, it doesnt even look like the bund and codpiece are one unit, that there is a gap of some sort -- any light on that one?

Any pointers are appreciated!

The strap is connected to the bottom of the cod, and then slides through a slider that is sewn into the back of the flak vest for adjustment.

The bund and codpiece are not one unit. The flak vest, bund, and codpiece are 3 separate pieces. The codpiece is sewn to the bottom of the flak vest. The bund is attached to the flack vest. You can hang the entire assembly on a hanger as they are all hooked together.

• Like 6

The bund and codpiece are not one unit. The flak vest, bund, and codpiece are 3 separate pieces. The codpiece is sewn to the bottom of the flak vest. The bund is attached to the flack vest. You can hang the entire assembly on a hanger as they are all hooked together.

DUDE!!!! YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!!! I don't feel like a crazy person anymore! Thanks!