Looking to have a Scout costume ready before halloween

Acexprt

Realistically, it may not be possible. Most of the makers of parts make stuff to order so it could take a while. 4 weeks is not abnormal a wait time, and is actually fast in this hobby. I know SC usually doesn't have a hugely long wait list, so they may be good for armor and helmet. The soft parts there are a few folks who do them, not sure who is currently doing them, but again the wait may be a little bit. I can do a blaster for you with a short wait time once im moved (oct 1st move in date). You can find the gloves on e-bay. Boots you should be able to do yourself, following the tutorial posted here on the forums, or again there are a couple of folks who do them (mxpxrobbie and 4505Marcel)

• Like 2

Realistically, it may not be possible. Most of the makers of parts make stuff to order so it could take a while. 4 weeks is not abnormal a wait time, and is actually fast in this hobby. I know SC usually doesn't have a hugely long wait list, so they may be good for armor and helmet. The soft parts there are a few folks who do them, not sure who is currently doing them, but again the wait may be a little bit. I can do a blaster for you with a short wait time once im moved (oct 1st move in date). You can find the gloves on e-bay. Boots you should be able to do yourself, following the tutorial posted here on the forums, or again there are a couple of folks who do them (mxpxrobbie and 4505Marcel)

thanks for the reply! can you PM me a link or info to where i can view SC products?

I think it is possible if you can maybe find second hand parts or someone selling their kit. They tend to pop up every now and then. I bought a box of goodies off a member (armor and a completed helmet and also gloves and blaster). I did have a wait for my soft parts though. If you are handy with a sewing machine, you might be able to do it yourself with research. You might not get 501st approval without some tweaks, but you should be able to get a good Halloween costume together in that time. Now if you have to wait for armor to be made and then put it all together once it arrives...I will have to agree that it probably wont be possible.

I'm Also on a deadline thought Halloween would be a great walk out on the town in my gear type situation but time is not always on our side haha! So far I'm almost done with my boots just tweaking them here and there, my helmet should be here within 3 weeks and I was planning on buying the armor this week! Maybe I can stop the helmet shipping and get a bulk ship lol So if all goes well I could be busting my back sweatshop style late October hahah! Soft parts still in the works aswell! If all fails No doubt I'm walking out on the town November 1st hahah

That's cool ace! I was starting to create the armor for a galatic Marine build, but went back to my original dream to start one of two of my all time favorite characters from the films so i am starting out with the scout and of course next year I am gonna be starting the storm trooper!

Just a fair warning, KS isn't the quickest draw in the galaxy.

• Like 1

In order to get your KS in time, I would highly suggest noting to them that you have a headline of 10/XX/2014 and would like to have your helmet in time for an event.

I think as long as they know that you need/want it by that date, they are more likely to rush it through.

A few of us were just anxious to get ours and get started, and didn't want to keep waiting long periods of time.

Like, for example... Mickey (above) ordered his helmet before me, and I told them I had a deadline and stayed on them about my helmet. I ended up helping him contact them among a few other users... But in the end, I still got my helmet before Mickey, because I had the deadline, and kept pestering them.

So, be prepared for an uphill battle.

It's a good bucket. I love mine. They just tend to take their time because I'd like to think they have too many irons in the fire...

• Like 1

Yeah it's a good bucket, and looks pretty good once you make the more screen-accurate modifications.

• Like 1