Found part maybe?

Has anyone ever thought about what the "ribs" were made from on the scout pistol? I mean, i know its a completely fabricated blaster and may very well have been machined metal or wood spun on a lathe, but when i was a kid, my grandfather had tons of these little rubber washers. they are made for faucets, and i always trhouyght that the ribs on the scout pitol looked like these washers, probably drilled out to fit on a certain diameter tube and then put on the blaste ror cast and put on the blaster.

Just a thought i had. Heres what some look like. the come in different bevels and even flat.

pbodfr15a_zps3318d8ae.jpg

What are your thoughts on this one?

Ok so since these things are pretty cheap, i went ahead and bought an assorted pack of what they call "bibb washers". I got them in today and i am convinced that if they didnt just machine those parts, that this is what they used. Espeically concidering the fact that they used plumbing & electrical parts for lots of the props.

100_8112_zps258146fa.jpg

these are the 1/2" size

100_8113_zps6cb6f489.jpg

2 together

100_8114_zpsc9fff8a4.jpg

and one being held to the back of a hyperfirm blaster.

100_8115_zps6fd7f3ea.jpg

I dunno...i think this is it, and if not....well. its what i'll be using to upgrade the ribbing on my blaster kit in the future because i think they work near perfect. I can just take a mold of a couple and drill them out larger in the center.

• Like 1

Thanks Jim...its been urkin me for a while, but i never had reason to go looking for them. It was always in the back of my mind, every time i saw a scout pistol "looks like those rubber washers grandpa had" lol

• Like 1

• 6 months later...