MusicalJedi's SC build

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to update that my tracking number started working, and my soft goods are currently in Miami going through US customs. Hopefully it's not much longer until I have them and can get everything on. Had some great communication from my vendor.

• Like 1

Got my soft goods in! They fit great and arrived on Wednesday! Great communication throughout the wait for the items and great quality. Hoping to get some pics up in the next few days. Do most people use the supplied velcro for the cummerbund or use suspenders? Very excited to move forward to the last stages of the build!

Started putting things on today. Flightsuit is a little snug in the back/shoulders but otherwise fits well. Best fits great. I think I need to have the cummerbund taken in a bit. Will the Velcro strips at the top help with that gap in the back or should I just have them taken in?

C7F9E4B2-25E2-4454-94A0-5F4FD0EC3DA4.jpg

F6C10581-98AF-40CF-A4C3-9180F20E886F.jpg

1BB69F4D-1466-4689-AA22-96B77D695047.jpg

Ended up home from work today, so had my awesome wife take some more pics with everything on. Discovered that I didn't use enough elastic to on the arm pieces, so going to re-make those straps. Also, the vest sleeves end a lot further than the shoulder armor, so I'm thinking I'm going to have to have those fixed. I know the bicep/elbow armor wasn't high enough, this was mostly due to the sleeves on the vest and the need for bigger straps. How do the belt boxes look? Do you think I should raise/lower them? I left some excess material so I could make changes and will sew it up once it's all where it should be. Any feedback would be welcome! Felt good...had everything on except the knees/boots.

6100D56E-0879-4282-A8B3-3CA904C01124.jpg

410379A8-9F5E-4CDF-8F50-72BC6C016121.jpg

9E19B6C5-A49B-48CB-AD9F-9FB9BCB6B2AE.jpg

57ACFED3-5919-4628-AA97-DDB0930A9E7F.jpg

AB487856-8664-44F0-A6E0-330348D843BE.jpg

76A718D4-9F5C-45C2-8FFE-47F359921E42.jpg

B03C1974-6149-44E9-AC27-561391DA2046.jpg

E4110315-F319-43A5-A87F-DBFD0B318346.jpg

B735079C-9188-404B-8BC6-1BF446E7AF94.jpg

CDF735DD-E40A-4074-B6E9-55CAF0317044.jpg

A6B1B7B4-57D8-459F-B357-1A5B38AB1BDE.jpg

01F68B7A-F26F-4406-908E-DF7267742322.jpg

Hey Chris! So far so good. Just a few notes:

-I think your vest sleeves are too long... the standards say they should end just below the shoulder bells. That should be an easy fix, tho (at least it's not too short!)

-Is the fabric on your drop boxes one or two pieces? Looks like two. I thought the standards called for one peice straps threaded behind the the black plastic clips...? Don't know if Lancer is different (if you're going for Lancer)

-In the last pic, I think the rear drop box strap is twisted (right where it goes up into your belt). Your left side. I think the right side is fine.

-In pic #10 above, you shouldn't be able to see the bottom of your bund like that beneath the det pack. Just hike it up a bit. Which brings me to my last point:

-I'm worried about pic #1... your bund is way below where your chest armor ends. I'll attribute some of that to the sag of it being a bit too big, but you're gonna have to really pull it up to close that gap (beware of super-wedgies!). Once you get it tailored, you might have to put some velcro on your undersuit as well as opposite velcro on the top inside lip of your bund. That should hold it up some... so long as you close that gap. If that doesn't work, you're gonna have to add some height to that bund somehow.

Hey Chris! So far so good. Just a few notes:

-I think your vest sleeves are too long... the standards say they should end just below the shoulder bells. That should be an easy fix, tho (at least it's not too short!)

-Is the fabric on your drop boxes one or two pieces? Looks like two. I thought the standards called for one peice straps threaded behind the the black plastic clips...? Don't know if Lancer is different (if you're going for Lancer)

-In the last pic, I think the rear drop box strap is twisted (right where it goes up into your belt). Your left side. I think the right side is fine.

-In pic #10 above, you shouldn't be able to see the bottom of your bund like that beneath the det pack. Just hike it up a bit. Which brings me to my last point:

-I'm worried about pic #1... your bund is way below where your chest armor ends. I'll attribute some of that to the sag of it being a bit too big, but you're gonna have to really pull it up to close that gap (beware of super-wedgies!). Once you get it tailored, you might have to put some velcro on your undersuit as well as opposite velcro on the top inside lip of your bund. That should hold it up some... so long as you close that gap. If that doesn't work, you're gonna have to add some height to that bund somehow.

Thanks a lot for the detailed info! There is a lot of room for the bund to move up, and when I hold it in place there is at least an inch of it that is covered by the armor without "riding up" too much :) I'm hoping the three pieces of velcro, one centered and one on either side will be enough to keep it from moving down. Hopefully having the pouches attached to the inside of the armor will help prevent that.

As for the drop boxes, they are separate pieces, as I thought it might be helpful for storage to be able to remove them. I didn't see anything on the main 501st page Biker Scout page about them needing to be one piece. http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TB_Scout_trooper Just going to for basic for now, no Lancer at this time. Thanks again! Hoping to join you in the Midwest Garrison very soon!

- Vest sleeves need shorter. But before separate more the shoulder bells from the shoulder chest/back armor, 1 inch approx.

- Cummerbund oversize. Must more adjusted, like a glove. Easy to fix, only remove the back Velcro closure.

- Cummerbund wrong placed, move up. Must placed over the belt armor and Thermal Detonator. And chest and back armor must cover completely the cummerbund too.

- When attache the pouches placed 1 inch beside the last stitching bar and 1/2 inch over the bottom.

Thanks! The problem with just moving the Velcro is now it won't close centered. Does the seem on the cummerbund have to be in the center on the back, or can it be off center?

1 o 2 inch is not noticeable. More, maybe need cut it.

Looking forward to seeing you in the MWG! So far, all the troops I've been to I've been the only scout. Strength in numbers!

Thanks a lot! Very excited to join....were you one of the scouts on the Chicago Thanksgiving parade yesterday?

Still have some get the straps set a bit better on the drop boxes, and have to put some foam in the pouches, but put the whole thing on tonight. My wife was a trooper and really patient as I directed her on what to photograph. Here's a few.

701B2270-6CFB-4584-B2C5-B0BD29E03EC1.jpg

B0D5EBC9-6CFE-4BEB-AF59-9C073F470DA7.jpg

1A131DFA-9C30-4D20-ADB5-A90C50F0A8A9.jpg

9403F9B0-5106-4E90-8D7B-C56C287DCCB2.jpg

Looks good!!!

- Pouches more on the side and move up. About 1 inch after the last stitching bar.

- Release the black elastic strap for avoid the Camel toe on the cod.

- Move up a little the cummerbund or move down a little the belt. Belt must placed under the cummerbund.

Also need to fix the strapping on the drop boxes. You have the excess on top. It needs to be on the underside and not noticable. Also trim the foam down so it's not protruding from the pouch.

Everything was approved by my GML, so I am officially TB 52610! Thanks all for the help, encouragement, and all the tutorials on this great site. Looking forward to getting out and trooping real soon!

Quick question, and didn't want to start a new thread for this. I have access now to the pathfinder section of this site, to the 501st section of the Midwest Garrison site, but still can't see anything on the main 501st page other than the "what is this board" forum. Who should I contact to get access to the main 501st page? I've already put in my TB number and have an account.

• Like 2