Best Armor for Small Builds/Frame

Hi All,

Does anyone know which armor MC,KS or SC is best for those with small builds or frames? I'm building a TB for my girlfriend who has a very petite build and I'm worried that I might purchase a kit to big for her to wear properly. She stands around 5'2, slim. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smallstrooper

Thanks guys, I know about MC's really long wait times from back when I was doing my TI build. I'll try checking out SC and PandaTrooper's thread.

I have the SC and I stand about 4'11 not petite but still a small build. Trimmed down mostly everything except the front and back chest plates. Did more work on soft armor than hard. The only thing to really cause an issue for me is my chest lol being a lady has some restraints but hasn't stopped me yet. GL

• 2 months later...
Guest TKAQUA1969

I have the SC and I stand about 4'11 not petite but still a small build. Trimmed down mostly everything except the front and back chest plates. Did more work on soft armor than hard. The only thing to really cause an issue for me is my chest lol being a lady has some restraints but hasn't stopped me yet. GL

I'm glad you commented here, Smallstrooper. I'm 5'4" and female and am trying to research as much as I can. I'm even taking notes on paper (pros + cons) so I remember what's been said about each vendor. Do you know which armor is the easiest to put together? I don't have a huge chest but I have one and I'm glad to hear the SC armor hasn't been an issue. What helmet did you get? And was it pretty simple to put together? Sorry for all the questions…but I'm just curious.

The SC armor doesn't have that huge return edge that MC and KS have, so it's easier to trim if smaller if needed. KS has the biggest hip boxes, MLC has the smallest, but I believe that SC is the most versatile and easy to build.

I'm 4'11 size person......pretty much small all around, I Brought long ago a kit that isn't as exact as the three above and what I brought could fit a good size bloke.

I found it to be in the trimming, and moulding to your body, being soo small I made my own slits in the arms, cut a huge amount off each piece. Before I did all this I had our local GML over I had the luxury of doing so, he marked on each piece the closet I could cut before it became none approval. The only thing I couldn't trim down where my drop boxes they are huge! one day I hope to replace them.

My achievement was a complement from a tall fellow female member, she said she was quite worried I would look like a small person trying to pull off a scout armor she said she was pleasantly surprised, I looked like a scout. That was the best compliment I could ever ask for, what may look good on a taller scout doesnt mean it will look good on a smaller one. Which ever kit you do get make if fit you :)

I do have KS helmet...I wasn't happy with it and passed it on to my son, I brought a SC helmet and love it.

Good luck with your build and I'm not far if you need any tips :)

I'm a 5'10" female and not what you'd call "petite" (I've got an "athletic" frame)... I have an MC kit and it fits me very well and is comfortable. The only thing I had to trim was the top of the shoulder arches to make it fit against my chest (they make the arches long on purpose so you can trim them to your size). Yes, wait times for the kit are long but it's quality stuff.