Hello from Nebraska

Bootstrap

Hello everyone. I am just getting started and the local 501st guys referred me over here. Basically I am looking for where /who to buy from. Ive been told to stay away from certain websites (ebay included)

Ultimately Im looking for what it will cost me. I know this hobby isnt cheap and im prepared for that , however my wife wants a hard number to see. If anyone can give me any advice or recommendations I would really appreciate it

I just got all of my stuff on order. I can not sew and no one to help me so i had to resort to having my stuff made. I am going for "Lancer" so i got as much of the most screen accurate that is there. I spent close 1500 and that is not including the blaster yet. This can get costly but the smiling kids at the end are going to make it all worth it.

Can you or your wife sew? It cuts the cost tremendously if you make your own soft bits.

Some of the providers of the armor offer a couple different prices. Sometimes they provide the parts as one thing and a finished version as another. The parts/ DIY is always cheaper.

I think I have put 800ish in at this point. I and my wife have made every cloth bit we could, and edited things like the undersuit by hand.

Remember you can always collect the parts over a span of time. If you go this route, I would suggest getting the helmet first. It tends to be a better promise/reminder that the rest is coming at some point, and its a good display piece. :D

If your wife is also into star wars then have her look through the 501st site (or Rebel Legion) :D Yes it means more cost, but if you stretch it out then you both get costumes when the time comes to perform.

And agreed with blackheart, the amount of fun you bring to other people is an awesome reward.

• Like 1