My SC build

After reading everyone else's I figured it was time to get to doing mine. First lesson was let the e6000 get tacky before gluing cause it tends to slide. Have my topper started And my upper mount bracket made. Still have to sand the opening a bit 0E7B2F31-C229-4C75-8CC4-4F2323E942DA.jpgF3BD208A-C4CC-46CA-81E0-828B738B4C3F.jpg48F21C69-C39D-488B-A5B1-F50FAF284EB9.jpg6F9F1195-7AFC-4400-9FD4-380DE93BF594.jpg

• Like 2

You´re off to a good start - and yes indeed Pandatroopers WIP has helped a lot of people ( like me ) ;) and take time to look at other builds too for good advices and how-to...

dang it. Every time I see these build photos (including Panda's) I realize how easy my life would be if I had the right tools.

I feel my build is going to be oddly interesting. No clamps, no heat source, very little anything else..... :P

Looks like you are on the right track as far as I can tell. :D

Hahah Skinner3D. Since I was a mechanic a good bit of my life you learn sometimes the right tools make all the difference. And hopefully this isn't the only suit I make so they should be helpful in future builds.The clamps are from Walmart ( which I hate shopping at ) and were $7 for a large variety bag I think. I don't like them cause the pads seem to be weak and they were pulling the topper to the edge of the tank. I have since bought some from Home Depot which were $5 each for the large and $3 for mediums as well as some basic metal ones for $1 each. The heat source is just a cheap hair dryer - my parents bought it to fill up an air mattress at my house while they were staying here working on it before I moved in- so that is a free bee. I also just bought a set of nice files for $13. The drill and dremel. I have had but the dremel is def nice to use. Aside from the stainless steel ruler ($8) and cut pad ($10) I only have purchased a bunch of Exacto knife blades and tools for about $30.

Those $5 clamps are all that I ended up using.

Sandpaper was another one of my useful tools. Other than that, it was all tape, and glue, and zip ties, and velcro and elastic and exacto/razor blade... And some rivets of course.

I ordered lexan scissors since they were cheaper than the dremil. They worked great for me. Then I saw a rotary tool on sale at Harbor Freight this week for $8.

dang it. Every time I see these build photos (including Panda's) I realize how easy my life would be if I had the right tools.

I feel my build is going to be oddly interesting. No clamps, no heat source, very little anything else..... :P

Looks like you are on the right track as far as I can tell. :D

Sounds like you need to plan a trip to Home Depot... Lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw those belt clips for sale online. I'm guessing you are using them for the thermal detonator? How did they work out for you? Did you buy them at a local store?

Those are Makita Clips

They are the Makita Clips. I still have to get my belt together to try them. I will get them to work regardless but obviously aren't the " correct " ones. The SC ones will break I think and I'm not really shooting for Lancer at this point. I got them from eBay for like $6

They are the Makita Clips. I still have to get my belt together to try them. I will get them to work regardless but obviously aren't the " correct " ones. The SC ones will break I think and I'm not really shooting for Lancer at this point. I got them from eBay for like $6

Working on the belt. It is resting on the top of my real belt ( like above it ). Should I trim the last section where it will rivet to? It kinda wraps around my back. If so ( which according to screen shots I should) what would be a good length to leave it after the last box? The thigh boxes are not adjusted yet. Just wanted to get a feel for where i was putting the cloth part of the belt before I sewed on the snap plates

93863DF9-17D9-4B0F-ABEF-6DED2A1EA4D5.jpgF8387999-603B-41DB-A980-110BFDD4767A.jpg8B7CF350-5C0F-4EE3-B313-B2163E5846EC.jpg75358DDA-8546-411A-BC85-887200217841.jpgA5A93051-A3D4-4B7D-B1C8-5E5FFB35D163_1.jpg