Inside the pouches?

scout.trooper

Hey, all. What do the scouts put inside the pouches? I don't mean "my car keys and wallet"... I mean does anyone put anything inside so the pouches hold their shape? I was thinking of putting together a rectangular bucket of some kind, padding on the inside so anything put inside doesn't make a 'clunk' noise everytime you squat down to take a picture.

Two sandwich boxes. Done and done!

Agreed foam only, forget anything plastic. From my experience plastic just digs in when you bend over ect, foam with rounded edges but not overly packed tight is what I use

That's a good point. Didn't think about bending/interacting with people.

I've made myself some foam boxes from craft foam. Just glue/duct tape them together and you're set. Nice and light while giving you enough space for an Aker amp and a snack or two. ;)

Damn that's a great idea. I've only used the core flute for the pouches but you're saying maybe make them out of that foam yoga matting or something similar?

I have found bending a problem. Always looking for improvements.

Chair seat foam. It was exactly 2" thick so it fit perfectly.

I have also cut out a hole in one which exactly fits an Aker amp together with the cables and connections, so it just slots in there. It doesn't muffle the sound much either. The cable is then slotted through a button hole in the back of the pouch.

• Like 1

Damn that's a great idea. I've only used the core flute for the pouches but you're saying maybe make them out of that foam yoga matting or something similar?

I have found bending a problem. Always looking for improvements.

Decided that foam was the best way to go. Got a 16" x 16" x 2" semi-rigid foam block for $5. Measured out my pouches, drew a quick outline, then cut it out with an exacto knife. Worked perfectly!

isJHsu7.jpg

GLEU4Xl.jpg?3

SBrUTqb.jpg?2

1U85HvI.jpg?2