Man Cave Turned SC Armory

Thanks Dylan. I've been having a headache with Velcro inside the boxes. The good thing is that you can hide a sloppy mess in them and nobody knows.

Last night I broke my borrowed sewing machine. My project is on hold while I take it in for service.

Ouch. I....I rednecked the heck out of my boxes. Secured them to the webbing with....wait for it....white duck tape.

Hey, you just followed the duct tape flow chart:

Does it move?

• Yes
    • Should it?
      • Yes
        • No problem

[*]No

• Duct tape

[*]No

• Should it?
      • Yes
        • WD 40

[*]No

• No problem

:)

• Like 3

Josh im glad that you liked it. I mostly followed pandatrooper's build. But as I was preplanning my build ,and even my purchases, I studied as many posts as I could. I especially thought that the ones with alot of close up pictures helped.

• Like 1

Josh im glad that you liked it. I mostly followed pandatrooper's build. But as I was preplanning my build ,and even my purchases, I studied as many posts as I could. I especially thought that the ones with alot of close up pictures helped.

when did you order soft parts from CB? have they shipped yet?

I was told 5-7 days to make everything then 2-3 weeks shipping. ordered 4/14, as of 4/26 he's still working on it. Have gotten used to the waiting game in this hobby, still sucks though.

I sent him my measurements the same day that you did. I have had communication with him since. I am also anxious to get my costume completed but I am not worried. I ordered a helmet from him a day later so I expect they will ship together pushing my order back a little. It could be worse. I ordered a base pair of boots on ebay and after I paid he told me they were on 4 week backorder from China. Who knows when they will arrive.

Thanks. My belt is finished but assembly did not go as smooth as the rest of the build. I folded the straps over and sewed them on the front side of the belt. 7375AA9C-D9FC-44F8-9284-9C9326E9DC78_zpsxgprag0b.jpgCloses in the back with Velcro.ba49d00dadd1b64300c103d6355fd800_zpsea69af1e.jpg299b249883d9fb53b62dfb071435f95d_zps737c7259.jpg2f8b83e29daf6bdd7ed165cd0a1980de_zps0945bb4f.jpg116db7b7450b03ced0a009ff900511b4_zps2d8d55db.jpgThis is where I had an error. The snaps blocked my TD clips.daaf1c2b0d429ff01f8f1ea084bbb95b_zps585d8cc0.jpgR Rather than moving the snaps I added a small strap to the back to clip the TD to. The clips are SC that came with the kit. I used spray paint to paint them black. I really didn't need to do this because they are covered anyway.89197c3c3e5b29ea387f4a04b4c7688d_zpsbd6bcdb4.jpg

I used the good advice of jyjellyfish77 to cut the liner and foam out of my SA gloves by slicing the edge with a razor. I do not plan to install another lining. I don't mind the feel of the leather. They are pretty comfortable.3AD802FC-6DCF-4EBE-AAAC-426751881132_zpsj8t1w0jm.jpg10D7A626-8532-49FA-80EB-495F1A25B4C5_zpsuw10rrr0.jpg50E3323D-8157-4FFD-977B-BAE3EF297EEF_zpsujxnx1mb.jpg

I had to end up doing ye ole' hair dryer on the TD routine, and it worked like a charm. I had my doubts... But it worked.

Also, I love your idea on the TD and belt... I may look into using my riveter to attach my TD to the back of the belt webbing now...

• Like 1

Just don't use the fingernail polish removed on the bed while watching TV... Because I totally did. And I also totally accidentally knocked it over, and you CAN NOT get that smell out of a matress. Just sayin'.

• Like 1