Where do you find 1 3/8 inch black elastic straps in the US?

Or you just buy 1.5 inches and don't sweat the 1/8th inch

• Like 1

The SC kit is pretty thorough. Pretty much everything you need is in there.

Joanne didnt have it in my area. Just ordered 2 suspenders from China. If I only need 1, I will sell the other one on here. Got them off ebay.

That's how I roll...

1 set should give you enough for 1.5 armor kits.

Cool for general clearance...not so much for Lancer.

Yeah if 1/8th an inch is gonna keep me out.... so be it. It'd be one thing if we had an absolute authority on what the elastic sizes are, but these are all educated guesses. And my guess is that the movie suits were made in the US with Imperial measurements.

• Like 2

I actually got mine from Kohl's. It's not suspenders but a woman's elastic belt. Went into the store and they were on clearance. They hit 1 3/8th exactly. I bought 3 ;)

Everyone kept saying that the blue and pink zebra strips suspenders I found on amazon wouldn't pass clearance (d'oh!).

• Like 2

Yeah if 1/8th an inch is gonna keep me out.... so be it. It'd be one thing if we had an absolute authority on what the elastic sizes are, but these are all educated guesses. And my guess is that the movie suits were made in the US with Imperial measurements.

I'd have to agree with you. Wasn't Endor filmed in California? Probably not likely to be using mm sizes.

I'd have to agree with you. Wasn't Endor filmed in California? Probably not likely to be using mm sizes.

Yes. That's what it says here:

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/Biker%20Scout%20Trooper_helmets_armor_and_costumes.htm

I don't disagree that it's a murky area. The BSN site tries to provide the best detail based on what we have and the research that has been done. The Lancer standards are periodically reviewed by the CMD staff. I have nothing to do with that part, I'm the web guy. :)

What you're using should not affect your general clearance. In the end do what you want, but if you apply for Lancer that's the current standard.

http://forum.bikersc...showtopic=11897

• Like 1

It would probably help if the CRL offered a range of sizes based on what was easier to acquire in a particular troopers locale. I've used the Lancer specs to guide my build, I'm just not going out of my way for 35mm elastic since I can get all the 1.5 inch I'd know what to do with at Joanne's Fabrics. And IMHO, there's a stronger argument that the movie scouts probably did use 1.5.

It's all good. Keep in mind what was available in 1980-82 is different than today. There was no Joanne Fabrics or Michaels, etc. Who the heck knows for sure. I've seen arguments going both ways.

It's all good. Keep in mind what was available in 1980-82 is different than today. There was no Joanne Fabrics or Michaels, etc. Who the heck knows for sure. I've seen arguments going both ways.

Oh sure, but the US was no closer to using the metric system back then than it is today. I should know, I was there! (Yes I'm making an "I'm old" joke)

• Like 1

Oh sure, but the US was no closer to using the metric system back then than it is today. I should know, I was there! (Yes I'm making an "I'm old" joke)

Aye brother, right there with you. I was 13 when ROTJ came out. ;)

It's not a matter of metric vs. standard. You'll need to speak with the CMD staff if you have questions and/or concerns with the requirements. The question asked by Bobik96 was "where to find 1 3/8" black elastic". An option has been posted. I'm not debating you or the Lancer standards. Just posting info for the person who asked...

1" = 25mm

1 3/8" = 35mm

1.5" = 38mm

2" = 50mm

Thank you for all of the input. I found suspenders on ebay for .99 plus 2.99 shipping. A small price to end my 1/8 inch dilemma. However, I saw on another thread that the lancer CRL have changed for the chest to back strap. 2" to 45mm. I haven't found a place to order that yet. 2 inch webbing could probably be folded and sewn.