Its Critique time. :)

Skinner3D

Here is everything I have so far and the progress that level that it is at. Please let me know what it needs and if it is fixable I will try to do so. I actually got to wear this all this morning and show up at a middle school boys star wars movie marathon. It was cool. :D

The album of everything all all the closeups is

Known issues.

The left boot needs to have the sole cut up.

The left thigh needs the riding patch strap. (we ran out and the store ran out too) :P

Here is a front view

13814693484_b6183890b6_b.jpg

Thank you all for your help thus far. The TB dream is final coming closed. :D

Righty

1: your pouches are on the wrong sides (straight edge innermost). I'd say they are a little small as well too (but that may be just me.)

2: The indented part of your thermal det should be pained white and the raised areas black

3: The top stripe on your tank should be full, and hot half. Personally they are all a bit thick and should be the same width as the rest of the pin striping (which is about 3mm).

4: Careful the top of your bund doesn't poke out below your chest plate (looks like you've added in an extra white bit of cloth to combat this).

5: I'd paint the two stripes on the back of your lid. There are two that are short. I know it comes like this on the Rubies, but they should all be the same length.

6: bring the biceps up a touch, stop them flaring out over the forearms.

7: Add some weathering to your bund/pouches and boots to match your suit. Personally I think the weathering is a bit heavy, but that's just me.

Sounds like a lot... it isn't. I'm just being picky.

The other bits you know about as you've said.

Nearly there bud.

It looks like your cummerbund is showing under your belt. Lower your belt then raise your thigh boxes up just a bit to make up the difference. I, too, agree with Chef on the weathering. A little goes a long way.

All in all, you wear it well, which is great.

All in all, you wear it well, which is great.

Thanks. :) I feel like it is who I am.

:) Chef you said to remind you not to look before coffee o clock, well remind me of the opposite. :) It was late last night when i posted.

Add holster to boot when ks finally ships it :)

Finish removing the 2nd stitch line on the boot tops

1. just like the boot issue :D oops. Will reset those. Small which direction? At the moment it just fits between the belt and chest with little room around it.

2 Did this change at some point, or did the previous owner of the hard bits, just not know what he was doing? Couldn't figure out what you meant at first. Looked at CRL and it doesn't say anything. Only reference I had is the TB model image. Will pick up some paint for this and the other jobs.

And with that, in examining, did the dude also put the det on backwards? I am not sure how to fix that one. Will have to look at it a bit.

3. Will examine and fix, don't remember how the stripes are put on there, and currently have baby sleeping on chest which means I can't move. :D

4. I think this and smiling fox's comments are both that the whole thing needs to slide up. May have to redo the groin strap to get it to sit higher. Wife mentioned remaking all together. If so she gets dibs on the job. It will be much faster than when I did it. :)

5. Will paint, was this and the tank stripes some sort of rank delineator? It doesn't make sense to have half lines.

6. Can adjust

7. Mr_hair mentioned the weathering when I was posting for the flak vest. I wanted to see if the consensus was still the same after seeing the suit as a whole. Here is hoping that I can scrub some of the weathering off. :D

Will do on getting the cloth bits dirty.

On a side note, what events does the weathering exclude me from? I plan to have at least one other (type unknown) armor set in the house at some distant point, but don't know if it is worth having a 'death star white' or the costume's equivalent.

Thanks again all. I am off to the craft store sometime today.

Your thermal detonator as it is is not approvable. Per the CRL, you need the correct greeblies as stated in the CRL, which means you either need some serious modding, or just scratch that one and buy a different one. SC makes a nice one you can get fairly quick. Your belt, as it is, is not approvable as it's linked with webbing. It needs to either be, or resemble a one piece belt.

The armor as a whole is old. I really don't want to be negative here, but I would seriously look into replacing these parts of the armor.

Belt

TD

Chest

Back w/tank

Biceps

Hip boxes

I know that's a lot. But I'm just being honest with you here. The belt and TD need to be changed before approval. Everything else I would recommend you change when you have the time and money. And for the weathering..tone it down a bit like the others said.

Sorry brother, I don't mean to come off as harsh or mean. But there are better options out there. Good job with what you've done so far, and please don't let me discourage you.

• Like 1

I love your passion for this costume and you do wear it well. And not to add to the trouble, the shoulders have a rivet securing the elastic. That's not good either and should be removed.

Not to pile on... And I'm no expert, but I feel that the "weathering" is a bit heavy. It looks more like shading than weathering to me. I also have to agree with the guys above. A lot of that needs to be replaced.

I know it's not the news you're hoping for, and I know you more than likely are going to feel a little defeated... But I have to be honest here. Don't wanna lie and tell you that everything is perfect and there are no ewoks...

Weathering got it :P:D

I think the previous owner of the armor did a tk prior to the tb. The weathering seems apt for that sort of armor. I kind of suspected this was going to happen, so I am not worried. I am quite happy that I have gotten this far. Other than finishing the boots I might just leave the current armor as is. The suit is complete enough as is to give the wife a chance to have fun too. She is looking to join the 501st, but it will be through Mara Jade or Admiral Daala. :wub: I love my wife.

As a sounding of how much I am going to have to spend.

Would the bucket pass inspection with the cosmetic changes that were suggested?

Would the armor pass if I toned down the weathering and changed the belt system?

I will probably end up buying new armor bits.

On that note, (and I dont' know if this acceptable) may I ask all of you to check your respective forums for scout armor? I looked into sc and ks and they are possibilities, but there is a possibility I am moving in June and I don't know if their runs would be done in that time. Worst case scenario is that I have to put 501st entrance on the back burner for several months.

Oh and for the record, I took the current armor out to Wal-Mart last night. :D I am looking forward to doing more both with the 501st and on my own time.

• Like 1

It all varies on how badly you want it put together. I've heard of it being done within a couple of hours to weeks.

I took my time on mine, seeing as How I was waiting on other parts of my build.

I'd say if you have EVERYTHING you need in hand, ready to go, and you have a plan for what you want to do... You should have most everything done in one day, or two letting the apoxy dry properly.

• Like 1

Worst case scenario is that I have to put 501st entrance on the back burner for several months.

Take your time. I know it can be frustrating to be so close, yet so far. The 501st isn't going anywhere. Get the parts you need. Before you know it, you'll be a member.

"Patience you must have, my young padawan." ;)

Took your suggestion and put a order in for everything. The wife agreed to it because it gets her an armor set too. :D

Still crossing fingers that ks wont eat my quarters.

So, anybody not busy in a few weeks and would like to coach me, like in person? :D

• Like 1

Thanks much :) I will probably take you up on that. Read through all of PandaTroopers tutorial today.Not going for near the level that he was, but it was good to read. :) My goal is to be approvable before I move mid June. Other mods can wait :)

Though I am not sure why I set that goal for myself? Might be counterproductive.

Don't worry. I set my goal for May 2nd. I doubt I'll make it. But I'm trying come hell or high water... Which... To be honest, I have no idea what either or them have to do with the other.

:/

Wouldn't high water extinguish hell? Just sayin'.

• Like 1

And it's never really "done." You get to approved, then you start wearing it at troops, seeing pics, and you find things that need to be tweaked. Little touches and adjustments for fit, the look of the thing. Then wear shows. I got approved in February, and I made a round of improvements...recently followed by minor cleaning and repair in preparation for May 4th.

I still don't know how I got hot pink....lipstick? Nail polish? On the front of my belt.

• Like 1

I'll race you Soundwave. My armor is arriving no later than the 3rd. :D I am shocked by the speed of this. Still no word on other fronts. :(

What is the benefit of making sure that the wear is continually cleaned off?

Dude, pink? on the belt? Just saying. :rolleyes:

Dude, my armor is complete. I just have to make a few adjustments now. Got my bucket in on Sat. Waiting on new stickers, the Snoutr Greeble from Rottie, and then the new helmet hardware...

Other than that, it's some fine tuning with filling the pouches, finding an easier way to get in and out of the boots, and I should be good to go.

I'm done, man. No race needed. Sorry.

--

As for the wear, I can't comment on what Enigma does. I'm just his bro. I back him up. I can't answer for him. I like my suit to have some wear and weathering on it. A little goes a long way. So, I'm not that worried about being Death Star white.

And don't be sassin' him on the pink. He's a ladies' man. And ladies love a man in uniform.... So I've heard.